Boston Scientific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.8

Human Resources Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Marlborough, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter followed by a phone screen with the hiring manager, then in person interview with 4 people. At the in-person interview, I asked what hiring manager would consider success in this position and I got a lecture about how Boston Scientific expects people to hard work and doesn't post superfluous positions. With more than 20 years of experience, I was surprised by that answer. Not surprisingly, I have not heard back from them. That was at least 2 months ago.

Interview Questions

• What is your process for developing communications plans   Answer Question

Senior Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Fremont, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

had one phone interview with the recruiter, a second phone interview with the hiring manager, then an on-site interview with 3 other managers; the hiring manager was on travel so i didn't interview face-to-face with him

they never contacted me back; i emailed the recruiter but didn't receive a response

Interview Questions

• Describe a cost savings or continuous improvement project that you were involved in   Answer Question

Trial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Cambridge, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview initially then team and on site interview. Well organized but takes some time for decision during the process... ~ 2 months. Good company, great teams, management is approachable and open door policy. Strong financial company, buying smaller pharma groups.

Interview Questions

• Traditional industry questions regarding experience, skill set, management   1 Answer

Negotiation

Takes some time, some times jobs are put on hold.

Content Developer Interview

Interview

The interview itself was okay, but as an applicant I have never been treated so carelessly. One month wait to go from first screening call to on-site. Afterwards, was told they wold bring me back to meet others who were out-of-town at the time. Checked in multiple times by email and VM....one week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks go by without a reply or notification of any kind. IMO, once you get to a certain stage, you need to let an applicant know if they are no longer in the running. But no, to BS you become a POS and don't exist anymore.

Interview Questions

• How would develop training for ____ product.   1 Answer

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. They truly want to make sure your personality and character traits are a fit for the position, as well as a fit for the team in the territory your applying for. The interview steps proceed as follows:

1)Phone screen with Sales/Marketing Recruiter
    2)F2F with RBM (Regional Business Manager) and TM
    3)Field day with CS Field Trainer
    4)Final Interview with RBM

Although the interview process at times was quite strenuous in all reality it reassured that this was a company I want work for.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Fremont, CA).

Interview

First interview with HR - brief intro of current company and job I currently work at. Tell me about yourself. Salary expectations. Second interview onsite with the hiring manager for an hour - background and behavioral questions about leadership and work style. Third interview onsite with three managers - background and behavioral questions.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Hartford, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

My initial interview was done over a live chat on the computer. We spoke for about an hour and covered a mix of my previous work history and my person life. The conversation was loose and relaxed

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a typical day at your last job?   1 Answer

Senior Medical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Marlborough, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position online. About 5 days later, the (awesome) HR representative contacted me by email to schedule a 30 minute phone screen, which happened a few days later. After that, they scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager, which went really well. During the chat with the hiring manager, I was also asked to perform a short medical writing "test" to check out my skills and to return it within 2 weeks. I returned it in just a few days and was then scheduled for an in-person interview on the Marlborough campus with several different people, including the VP of Global Clinical Trials. I had a great time at the interview, but I tend to like interviews where we get down and dirty - basically, they had a lot of questions about my experience, previous projects, how I would handle certain work situations (both scientific situations and interpersonal ones), and what I was looking for in a position. The people I spoke to really knew their stuff, and as a result, there was not much chance to "fake" your way into this position and YOU really needed to know YOUR stuff. They called the next day with the offer, and I accepted. Background check/drug test steps took about 2 weeks, so don't panic if you don't hear anything about them within 2-3 days - it's normal for it to take some time.

Interview Questions

• If you were working with some medical doctors preparing a scientific manuscript and the doctors were not being responsive to you, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied on their website. Received several invitations to attend their virtual job fair. There were several hundred people that signed in. The staff running the event were overwhelmed. They sent out several messages saying that they would not be able to get to everybody but they had a list of all those applicants who had signed up and would be able to get feedback to everybody. No one talked to me and no feedback was ever attempted.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Received phone call from the recruiter and scheduled an interview with hiring manager 2 weeks later.
    Met with the hiring manager and Sr. business analyst first round. Very structured interview in which questions were prepared beforehand and ranked your responses in front of you.
    Second round met with Production/Manufacture Managers and Engineers. This second round was very unorganized, the interviewers did not have many hard/difficult questions it seemed like they were forced to give this interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience?
      What is your experience in prioritizing tasks/projects during an high level of pressured requests?
      What is MES ?
      How flexible is your time in working long hours?
      Are you able to work 16 hour days for multiple periods when asked?
      Describe a time where you made an incredible impact to your team/organization that was memorable in your previous experience, how did you overcome the challenges leading up to that point?
      Answer Question