Boston Scientific Interview Questions in Maple Grove, MN | Glassdoor

Boston Scientific Interview Questions in Maple Grove, MN

2.5

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Maple Grove, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

I was initially approached via phone contact by HR to schedule the interview. After the initial phone interview, I was scheduled for an in person interview. A week after the in person interview, I received a response from the company that I want selected.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Maple Grove, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

Process was lax from the start. Contacted for a phone screen that was supposed to happen at 1:00 but they called at 1:45. Was invited for 3-45 minute in person interviews. First 2 went great and went well over their time with each giving me contact info and liking my background. Third interview with the actual hiring manager went to pot. She instantly said my background was nowhere near what she wanted and had no idea how I got in there. She then continued to ask generic questions while rolling her eyes. Lasted only 20 minutes and at the end she said "I suppose I should walk you out now". I have a friend that is a manager at the Arden Hills location that says this must be a Maple Grove thing but I would never want to work at that location

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Maple Grove, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

I sat down with my future manager and his manager. We got to talking about the position I applied for and they got to know me and my work history and schooling and they changed everything for me. Basically made up a position for me. It was a very relaxed, business casual interview with no lulls in the conversation and no awkward moments. Also, there weren't any questions out of the ordinary. They just wanted to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever worked with extrusion or braiding?   1 Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Maple Grove, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Was contacted on Linkedin by BSc recruiter. After a phone interview with HR and then one with the hiring manager I went in for a 2 hour interview on site. The interview was split into two group interviews. First with 3 BSc managers and then a peer interview with 3 engineers. After that there was a tour of the facilities. Good overall experience and well organized interview.

Interventional Cardiology Clinical Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Maple Grove, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

Really brought in the big guns on this one. Did a ton of research beforehand that ended up being a complete waste of time. Your typical situation/behavior-based questions. Do they want a good interviewer or do they want someone who has the background, skills, & qualifications for the position? Anyone can answer questions using the STAR method. Also, while I'm at it, the whole applicant tracking system is flawed. For the love of God, what do you have to do to get a hiring mgr to view a resume w/ their own eyes vs. an entry-level, recent college grad and/or key word system? Anyways, interview didn't go the smoothest, but I've had worse that resulted in offers. Sent ty email and mailed ty note right away. Also, tried to alleviate reservations by attaching press releases, references (including from VP level), awards, certifications, yada, yada. Of course she probably doesn't realize what it takes to break into the industry, stay in the industry, and be successful in the industry - let alone the call points which consist of educating high-profile cardiologists and electrophysiologists (who typically go to school longer than her age). FU email a week later (attached presentation) and received the thanks, but no thanks generic automated email rejection letter a day later. Replied for constructive feedback, which I doubt she could ever provide, and has not responded. To think I used to interview distributors for these types of positions...

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Maple Grove, MN).

Interview

Interview process was standard for a company this size. The initial interview was a phone screen from HR followed by an initial round of interviews that lasted a majority of the day (approx. 5 hours). After a week, I was called back in for a second interview round (5 hours) before receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project in which you failed to meet expectations and how did you work to correct it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room to negotiate.

Production Line Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Maple Grove, MN) in August 2011.

Interview

I applied through a temp agency and had an interview. very basic questions about working in the medical device company. They give you simple test to complete in order to move on with the hiring process. if you fail those bead test, the hiring process ends.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a medical device company? what was the company making?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Maple Grove, MN) in March 2011.

Interview

There was 4 phases of the interview.
    The introduction
    Technical interview
    Management Interview
    Tour and Character Interview

The Intro was just to meet and greet. The technical interview was to see what I knew. The opposite happened and I recognized the developers lacked a certain talent I wanted to work with. After that I talked with management for a while followed up by a plant tour and a chit chat. All in all the experience was pleasant and easy.
    I was sent a gift basket afterwards.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about not programming in C# any more.   1 Answer

Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Maple Grove, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview of shorter then expected. Make sure to review website and product divisions and be ready to discuss. The more you know about the devices the better! I thought the phone interview was more challenges then the panel interview as the questions asked in the phone interview were very specific to the posting whereas the face-to-face interview was more general.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the different divisions of BSC? How familiar are you with the device produced by each?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interesting in a career in the medical device industry? Be specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They would not negotiate.

Quality Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Maple Grove, MN) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviews were panel interviews with each panel ocmprised of either Engineers or Managers. Good questioning that focused on the resume.

Interview Questions

• Mostly routine questions. Nothing extraordinary   1 Answer

Negotiation

You had to accept the initial offer. Not much berth for negotiation