Boston Scientific Interview Questions in Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

First phone interview with recruiter. Second phone interview with hiring manager and third interview is with the hiring manager in person as well as other team members over phone and telepresence.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult project you were in and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewer introduced himself and then asked me to introduce myself. Then the interview looked through my resume, especially my skill list. He pick up some of the listed skills and ask questions related to them. He did not ask anything about my research.

Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arden Hills, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Arden Hills, MN).

Interview

They canceled at last minute, only way I found this out is because I called to confirm interview particulars. This seems very unprofessional and rude so I can only wonder how bad it would be to work with these people. I recommend you avoid this place. I never heard back from them on a reschedule.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Maple Grove, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

I was initially approached via phone contact by HR to schedule the interview. After the initial phone interview, I was scheduled for an in person interview. A week after the in person interview, I received a response from the company that I want selected.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Maple Grove, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

Process was lax from the start. Contacted for a phone screen that was supposed to happen at 1:00 but they called at 1:45. Was invited for 3-45 minute in person interviews. First 2 went great and went well over their time with each giving me contact info and liking my background. Third interview with the actual hiring manager went to pot. She instantly said my background was nowhere near what she wanted and had no idea how I got in there. She then continued to ask generic questions while rolling her eyes. Lasted only 20 minutes and at the end she said "I suppose I should walk you out now". I have a friend that is a manager at the Arden Hills location that says this must be a Maple Grove thing but I would never want to work at that location

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Maple Grove, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

I sat down with my future manager and his manager. We got to talking about the position I applied for and they got to know me and my work history and schooling and they changed everything for me. Basically made up a position for me. It was a very relaxed, business casual interview with no lulls in the conversation and no awkward moments. Also, there weren't any questions out of the ordinary. They just wanted to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever worked with extrusion or braiding?   1 Answer

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arden Hills, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Arden Hills, MN).

Interview

Very technical and very nice people. The interviews were strong technically and had a strong understanding of the company. They really sold the benefit to the patients.

They start out with a phone screen and them fly you in for an in person where they pick up the tab for a room, board, etc. They have an impressive cups and always take the time out to explain some of the processes.

Senior R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

The application process is entirely online. If your resume happens to catch the eye of one of their "Talent Acquisition Specialists" they will contact you directly via email. If not, you will simply receive an automated response email saying they're moving forward with other candidates. The phone screenings are what you would expect (see below). Then they will pass on their notes to the actual department to which you applied and the manager in charge will review applicants and they will make the decision to move forward to an onsite interview or to let you go. This will take weeks, so be patient. Overall the process is fair and the hardest part is getting your resume noticed at HR. Once you get past that, they will definitely hire you if you are a good fit AND you are the best candidate (8+ weeks wait period).

Interview Questions

• - Tell me a little about yourself
      - Why are looking to change careers/employers?
      - Why BSci?
      - What are your expectations?
      - What makes you think you're qualified for this position?
      Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Very efficient, and thorough. Rather then dealing with scheduling 2nd and 3rd interviews everything was dealt with in one 3.5 hour morning. It followed a well balanced schedule, and no surprises. I was able to go in, be myself, and not be drilled on "what if's", or name a time... The interview process is part of the reason why they have the great culture that they do here.

Interview Questions

• How my experiences in my previous career (non-medical device) were similar to the requirements needed to fulfill the quality system at BSCI   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

My interview took place in a conference room with two of the managers, one of whom became my direct supervisor. I really liked the interview, the process seemed relaxed. I didn't like that the wage was completely non-negotiable, and I was only given 5 hours to decide, even though I asked for a day or two to think about the decision.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation where I made a mistake, and what did I do?   1 Answer