Boston Scientific Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

2.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

QA/Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I got a phone call from the technical recruiter discussing my background and asking me have I done technical writing before. Then, he sent my resume to to the hiring manager. I was called to schedule an 1:1 interview. He called me to go over interview process. Before interview, I had to review some of my main areas and the scorecard attached for what I will be evaluated on. It's good to have programming language skills definitely a plus.

I had an interview with a hiring manager. Actually as a technical writing, I did not expect a hard interview questions, especially Microsoft office(Excel, PPT, Word) for how to use document formats. She advised me to go back home and review documentation. At the end of interview, I decided to not have this position and plus no offer.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Received phone call from the recruiter and scheduled an interview with hiring manager 2 weeks later.
    Met with the hiring manager and Sr. business analyst first round. Very structured interview in which questions were prepared beforehand and ranked your responses in front of you.
    Second round met with Production/Manufacture Managers and Engineers. This second round was very unorganized, the interviewers did not have many hard/difficult questions it seemed like they were forced to give this interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience?
      What is your experience in prioritizing tasks/projects during an high level of pressured requests?
      What is MES ?
      How flexible is your time in working long hours?
      Are you able to work 16 hour days for multiple periods when asked?
      Describe a time where you made an incredible impact to your team/organization that was memorable in your previous experience, how did you overcome the challenges leading up to that point?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (San Jose, CA).

Interview

One phone interview: Thirty minutes, very business-like, purely about factual knowledge and previous experience.
    One in-house interview: 4+ hour interview with 5 different people, one at a time for ~45 min each. Final person was director level for 1.5 hours. Interviewers were Senior Engineer level and above. Some factual questions, but mostly personality and experience questions. It was important to them to find an employee that would fit with company culture. Interview was relaxed and not stressful. Conversation with director was about career goals and company culture.

The company moved very quickly from the phone interview forward. An offer letter was sent within two days of the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Several technical questions about statistics. Meaning and significance of mean, median, mode, standard deviation, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a signing bonus. The company was immovable on salary, but a signing bonus was settled on due to another competing offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Scientific (San Jose, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

Really depends on the department. R&D and Marketing tend to be better trained at conducting interviews.

Interview Questions

• They do a lot of talking. Questions were very predictable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I interviewed 8 years ago and they told me that they do not negotiate. I later found out otherwise.