Boston University Administrative Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston University Administrative Coordinator Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

Very informal and welcoming. The conversation was very light and never felt interragatory. I had previous experience with the office, though, so I was meeting with people I knew.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was difficult because the compensation analyst claimed their hands were tied on the offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Boston University

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was pretty simple. It usually takes departments a long time to get back to you, but once you do, they try to onboard pretty quickly. It really depends on the department you are interviewing with. You will only be interviewed by the home department not by an HR representative for BU.

Interview Questions

• I really hate this question but it is always asked: What is your greatest weakness? I think it displays a lack of creativity but it's always used.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiating is very unique from department to department. You should try to find out whether or not the position you are trying to get is a grant-funded position or otherwise. The grant-funded positions do not have ANY leeway and there will be no promotions once you get in. Otherwise, you may be able to negotiate. I will say the offers and pay are really low especially compared to other universities in the area.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

Like any other large university or large company, all hiring processes go through HR. They were very accommodating to meeting my schedule, especially since I was in the process of relocating to Boston. They arranged for me to interview over the phone with the department, and meet in person with a member from HR during a trip I had already planned (since the department staff had limited availability). Everyone I met seemed warm and friendly, and the place seems like a great place to work. Lots of excellent benefits.

The downside was that I didn't even receive a call regarding my candidacy despite several (respectful) follow-up calls on my part. They simply sent out an automatic email stating the job had been filled.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you?   1 Answer