Boston University Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.5

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Director of Career Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone screen followed by on campus interview. On campus lasted approximately 4 hours and included interviews with several different members of the college leadership. Overall a positive experience and I got the job.

Graduate Affairs Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I worked in the grad affairs office when I was a student at BU and found out about this position through my former supervisor. I applied online, about two weeks later they contacted me to set up a phone interview, which was pretty informal since it was with two people who I had worked with previously. Then about two weeks later had an in person interview with the three people who would be on my core team. A week and a half or so later someone from Human Resources called me and asked me to come in. I went to the office that day and had another interview with him and then he offered me the position. A lot of steps in the process but worth it in the end.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview consists of several parts. First was a phone interview. The potential PI called me and briefly introduced herself to me. Second, it was a on-site interview. I gave a presentation and had a lunch with group members. In the afternoon, I had a talk with the program chairman, she asked me about my passion and interest, as well as introduction of the program and the format of training I would get in the next 2 years.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do in the future?
      What do you think T32 will help you?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of two faculty and one staff member. The questions were specific to the job requirements, asking about relevant experience. There was an overview of what the program was about and the goals for development. Since there were faculty, the focus was on the job itself, with no "standard" interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in international research contracts?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston University (Quincy, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a very nice phone interview. It was very informative and I felt that my myself and my interviewer were able to learn a lot about each other including the kind of job I was looking for was well as kind of job responsibilities that the position that I was applying for would acquire.

Interview Questions

• Why have you not had a paper published recently?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

applied online through BU's student link as I was a current student. the there was one phone call interview and two interviews in person. It was pretty straight forward and short process as I was already a student at Boston University.

Interview Questions

• Do you have programming experience in R for Bioinformatics?   1 Answer

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

very few questions and they were very nice about it, I felt the interview process was very good to me because I was asked realistic questions. I would recommend trying and interviewing for them.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I met with the primary investigator of the project I was working. We had 1 formal and 1 informal interview for the position. They discussed the details of the project and the position.

Interview Questions

• What past experiences have prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

MarketingCGS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

There's only one round of interview - Phone interview with CGS marketing director. She is very nice and supportive. She asked me about why I like marketing and what internships I did before.

Department Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA).

Interview

I responded to an ad and was contacted by Human Resources Dept. After a brief screening with Human Resources I had a couple of rounds of interviews with the department chief as well as members of faculty and some staff members