Boston University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 7, 2017

2.7

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

Very laid back and pleasant experience. Hiring manager was very professional. Received call from hiring manager as opposed to HR, went through three rounds of interviews. One interview was a panel of approximately six people, with whom the individual in the position would have regular contact. Questions were mostly about background experience and what I would bring to the position. Overall a great group of people.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA).

Interview

I actually applied for two positions just to see how I would fit in their department. One was for a Junior role and the other for a more Senior role. I did well in both to a point where they brought me in. However, that's where I discovered the oddness of their process that literally wasted a lot of my time.

Apparently, they had an internal candidate for the Junior position, and although they told me I was overqualified, they gave that position to him. I was under qualified for the senior role however, and in the end I didn't end up getting any position. I spent a good amount of time prepping for this interview, which spanned over a month, lots of 3+ hour drives, expensive parking at the Prudential Center, and more.

I would not put too much effort into applying for this position as there are things out of your control that could prevent you from getting in.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

There was first a phone interview, then an in-person. I did not get past the first in-person interview. I spoke with 7 different people at the in-person interview. They really wanted to see if I vibed with everyone I would have been working with. I spoke with two/three employees at a time, split up into three different interview sessions around the office.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Broadcast Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston University in August 2016.

Interview

Fake job they put the job on job board and after two days i got an email saying they found the right candidate.
    that is mean in two days only they found the right person without interviewing anyone else.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of two faculty and one staff member. The questions were specific to the job requirements, asking about relevant experience. There was an overview of what the program was about and the goals for development. Since there were faculty, the focus was on the job itself, with no "standard" interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in international research contracts?   Answer Question

IS&T Questrom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

One on one interview with IT head of Questrom Business School. He was very kind. I was a bit early, and business casual dressed. The latter did a good imression, the first i dont think so, he seemed like he didnt like that I was early. I was really anxious, and couldnt get a word out of me. It was my first interview

Interview Questions

• Fit Questions, Actual knowledge of CSS and Web Development   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I interviewed at Boston University in September 2015.

Interview

Applied via online portal and was contacted via email about 2 weeks later to arrange a conference call. Phone screen lasted 15 min. I was then invited for an in-person interview with a few staff members. Questions from phone screen were asked again in 2nd interview along with others.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in this position? What would you expect from your manager in terms of leadership style? Strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Grants Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Lengthy interview process, telephone conference, 2 visits to campus for personal interviews. After several follow up email exchanges I was made aware that someone with other work expertise not in granting assumed the position.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table   1 Answer

Stage and Entertainment Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, lasted about 30 minutes. The website was very helpful in keeping apprised as to the status of my application. I had always wanted to interview with them, and I felt lucky to have even made it to that phase. They gave me a choice of attending an in-person session in Florida or doing a phone interview. As I only had 2 days notice, I went with the phone option.

Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online at career website for the company, received a call within a couple of weeks and completed phone interview, then was asked to come in within the same week. Interviewed with supervisor of the position, then came back for a second interview with the supervisor's boss. First interview was very good, second interview the interviewer did not ask many questions, talked a lot about himself.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer spending a lot of time talking and not enough asking questions. It was hard to talk about myself or highlight my attributes when he just kept talking about himself.   Answer Question