Boston University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston University Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2017

2.5

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

Very laid back and pleasant experience. Hiring manager was very professional. Received call from hiring manager as opposed to HR, went through three rounds of interviews. One interview was a panel of approximately six people, with whom the individual in the position would have regular contact. Questions were mostly about background experience and what I would bring to the position. Overall a great group of people.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA).

Interview

I met with my supervisor as well as someone who held a similar role to what I would be doing. The first interview was 30 minutes long. My second round interview was with the leadership team and lasted about an hour. I got a short tour and then left. My third interview was a meeting with HR to discuss their job offer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to support a student in crisis.   Answer Question

Research Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

[After reaching out to professor]Meet with professor one wants to do research under. He looks through your resume and sees if you are a good fit. After then you are asked some question about your knowledge and then you are shown the lab, etc.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very easy. One in person interview. Got a call a few days later saying I got the position. Was able to start working the following week after filling out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult person approaching the front desk?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA).

Interview

This was an internal hire, so the interview was very brief and informal. It was more of a conversation about whether I would like to accept the position, and discussing logistics for how I'd function in the new role.

Interview Questions

• Describe how I'd handle a difficult personnel problem.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA).

Interview

I actually applied for two positions just to see how I would fit in their department. One was for a Junior role and the other for a more Senior role. I did well in both to a point where they brought me in. However, that's where I discovered the oddness of their process that literally wasted a lot of my time.

Apparently, they had an internal candidate for the Junior position, and although they told me I was overqualified, they gave that position to him. I was under qualified for the senior role however, and in the end I didn't end up getting any position. I spent a good amount of time prepping for this interview, which spanned over a month, lots of 3+ hour drives, expensive parking at the Prudential Center, and more.

I would not put too much effort into applying for this position as there are things out of your control that could prevent you from getting in.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

There was first a phone interview, then an in-person. I did not get past the first in-person interview. I spoke with 7 different people at the in-person interview. They really wanted to see if I vibed with everyone I would have been working with. I spoke with two/three employees at a time, split up into three different interview sessions around the office.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Answer Question

Broadcast Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston University in August 2016.

Interview

Fake job they put the job on job board and after two days i got an email saying they found the right candidate.
    that is mean in two days only they found the right person without interviewing anyone else.

Graduate Affairs Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I worked in the grad affairs office when I was a student at BU and found out about this position through my former supervisor. I applied online, about two weeks later they contacted me to set up a phone interview, which was pretty informal since it was with two people who I had worked with previously. Then about two weeks later had an in person interview with the three people who would be on my core team. A week and a half or so later someone from Human Resources called me and asked me to come in. I went to the office that day and had another interview with him and then he offered me the position. A lot of steps in the process but worth it in the end.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of two faculty and one staff member. The questions were specific to the job requirements, asking about relevant experience. There was an overview of what the program was about and the goals for development. Since there were faculty, the focus was on the job itself, with no "standard" interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in international research contracts?   Answer Question