Boston University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.5

Grants Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Lengthy interview process, telephone conference, 2 visits to campus for personal interviews. After several follow up email exchanges I was made aware that someone with other work expertise not in granting assumed the position.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

3 round, 2 group and then one final one on one. they got us to play out a lot of situations to see how we would react to different event happening. then they interviewed individually on why we felt we should get the job

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston University in November 2013.

Interview

one interview- focussing on basic concepts of electrical engineering

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

Received a call back relatively quickly after submitting my application. Had an initial interview that lasted about 40 minutes, then was called back a week later to schedule a second interview that lasted about 30. Both interviews included direct supervisors and HR personnel; second interview included executive director.

Interview Questions

• I thought the questions asked were ineffective interview questions. They were about very specific details - the kinds of things that, on the job, you'd be able to look up online or in another resource, like "What does this acronym stand for?" "Describe your knowledge of these set of regulations" rather than more functional questions designed to gauge my fit for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I requested negotiation on the salary but was told it was impossible. They were flexible on my start date, however, which was nice.

Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

overview of the company

Liberty Mutual Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

this just a phone interview.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I met with the primary investigator of the project I was working. We had 1 formal and 1 informal interview for the position. They discussed the details of the project and the position.

Interview Questions

• What past experiences have prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

All day interview consisting of one on one meeting with faculty within the department, lunch and dinner with members of the search committee, and a teaching presentation. Followed up with an offer after a few weeks.

Desktop Services Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

There were a lot of specific, to the point questions. The interviewer was clearly looking for certain skills, such as teamwork, and technical skills. I could tell that the interview was geared toward finding out if the applicant would fit in with the team first, and technical skills later.

Interview Questions

• If you are new to a site, how do you familiarize yourself?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Excellent Recruiters. Interview was set up with 30 minutes to an hour meeting with students and faculty. All travel expense was paid for including purposely leaving time for sight seeing.