Boston University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.5

Grants Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Lengthy interview process, telephone conference, 2 visits to campus for personal interviews. After several follow up email exchanges I was made aware that someone with other work expertise not in granting assumed the position.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

3 round, 2 group and then one final one on one. they got us to play out a lot of situations to see how we would react to different event happening. then they interviewed individually on why we felt we should get the job

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston University in November 2013.

Interview

one interview- focussing on basic concepts of electrical engineering

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

Received a call back relatively quickly after submitting my application. Had an initial interview that lasted about 40 minutes, then was called back a week later to schedule a second interview that lasted about 30. Both interviews included direct supervisors and HR personnel; second interview included executive director.

Interview Questions

• I thought the questions asked were ineffective interview questions. They were about very specific details - the kinds of things that, on the job, you'd be able to look up online or in another resource, like "What does this acronym stand for?" "Describe your knowledge of these set of regulations" rather than more functional questions designed to gauge my fit for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I requested negotiation on the salary but was told it was impossible. They were flexible on my start date, however, which was nice.

Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

overview of the company

Liberty Mutual Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

this just a phone interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, heard back a couple days later, and interviewed early the next week. The whole process was fast and efficient. I was very happy with the way they handled the situation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

applied online through BU's student link as I was a current student. the there was one phone call interview and two interviews in person. It was pretty straight forward and short process as I was already a student at Boston University.

Interview Questions

• Do you have programming experience in R for Bioinformatics?   1 Answer

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA).

Interview

I met with my supervisor as well as someone who held a similar role to what I would be doing. The first interview was 30 minutes long. My second round interview was with the leadership team and lasted about an hour. I got a short tour and then left. My third interview was a meeting with HR to discuss their job offer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to support a student in crisis.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I met with the primary investigator of the project I was working. We had 1 formal and 1 informal interview for the position. They discussed the details of the project and the position.

Interview Questions

• What past experiences have prepared you for this position?   Answer Question