Boston University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston University Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.5

Research Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

[After reaching out to professor]Meet with professor one wants to do research under. He looks through your resume and sees if you are a good fit. After then you are asked some question about your knowledge and then you are shown the lab, etc.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I met with the primary investigator of the project I was working. We had 1 formal and 1 informal interview for the position. They discussed the details of the project and the position.

Interview Questions

• What past experiences have prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

All day interview consisting of one on one meeting with faculty within the department, lunch and dinner with members of the search committee, and a teaching presentation. Followed up with an offer after a few weeks.

Desktop Services Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

There were a lot of specific, to the point questions. The interviewer was clearly looking for certain skills, such as teamwork, and technical skills. I could tell that the interview was geared toward finding out if the applicant would fit in with the team first, and technical skills later.

Interview Questions

• If you are new to a site, how do you familiarize yourself?   Answer Question

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Hiring staff was very friendly and exceedingly helpful in getting to know the job. It was overall a very positive experience with getting my feet wet in the university job process.

Interview Questions

• Are you an experienced swimmer?   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very easy. One in person interview. Got a call a few days later saying I got the position. Was able to start working the following week after filling out paperwork.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult person approaching the front desk?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA).

Interview

This was an internal hire, so the interview was very brief and informal. It was more of a conversation about whether I would like to accept the position, and discussing logistics for how I'd function in the new role.

Interview Questions

• Describe how I'd handle a difficult personnel problem.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Excellent Recruiters. Interview was set up with 30 minutes to an hour meeting with students and faculty. All travel expense was paid for including purposely leaving time for sight seeing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

There was first a phone interview, then an in-person. I did not get past the first in-person interview. I spoke with 7 different people at the in-person interview. They really wanted to see if I vibed with everyone I would have been working with. I spoke with two/three employees at a time, split up into three different interview sessions around the office.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a thorough interview, 2 rounds - the people were thoughtful and nice and questions were not too difficult. The process went as smoothly as described. It took less than a month to receive an offer.