Boston University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston University Interview Questions

Updated May 7, 2017

2.5

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

There was not a formal process--I was internal coming from a temporary position and was recommended for the position, taken out to lunch, and asked a few informal questions as they already knew my work ethic.

Interview Questions

• How do I think that I could contribute to the marketing efforts of (enter department name)?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston University (Quincy, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a very nice phone interview. It was very informative and I felt that my myself and my interviewer were able to learn a lot about each other including the kind of job I was looking for was well as kind of job responsibilities that the position that I was applying for would acquire.

Interview Questions

• Why have you not had a paper published recently?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

applied online through BU's student link as I was a current student. the there was one phone call interview and two interviews in person. It was pretty straight forward and short process as I was already a student at Boston University.

Interview Questions

• Do you have programming experience in R for Bioinformatics?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I met with the primary investigator of the project I was working. We had 1 formal and 1 informal interview for the position. They discussed the details of the project and the position.

Interview Questions

• What past experiences have prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Department Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA).

Interview

I responded to an ad and was contacted by Human Resources Dept. After a brief screening with Human Resources I had a couple of rounds of interviews with the department chief as well as members of faculty and some staff members

IS&T Questrom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

One on one interview with IT head of Questrom Business School. He was very kind. I was a bit early, and business casual dressed. The latter did a good imression, the first i dont think so, he seemed like he didnt like that I was early. I was really anxious, and couldnt get a word out of me. It was my first interview

Interview Questions

• Fit Questions, Actual knowledge of CSS and Web Development   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

The process is boring. I just applied online and write everything about me and it is over. I got accepted very soon and it was a pretty good experience. I fly to boston the following year. And I got a great start here.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

Was asked by the professor to be his TA, and I said yes! BU is a great place to TA! I would recommend all students to give it a shot- they won't regret it!

Web Developer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Contact was initially made via email by what would be my direct supervisor and then the standard phone screening with him as well. At the end of our phone conversation I was asked to come in for an in person interview which I did less than a week later. I had a two for one in person interview where I sat with my direct supervisor and the assistant directors of both the Development and Design teams. It was the normal back and forth asking about my experience asking and answering questions. After about an hour of that I went in to see the Director of the entire department who was very nice and we basically just made small talk for about 15 minutes and asked if I had any further questions. After checking my references, they had me set up a meeting with HR where the official offer was given. Overall process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What I've struggled with in my field.   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I interviewed at Boston University in September 2015.

Interview

Applied via online portal and was contacted via email about 2 weeks later to arrange a conference call. Phone screen lasted 15 min. I was then invited for an in-person interview with a few staff members. Questions from phone screen were asked again in 2nd interview along with others.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in this position? What would you expect from your manager in terms of leadership style? Strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question