Boston University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston University Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.5

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

Was asked by the professor to be his TA, and I said yes! BU is a great place to TA! I would recommend all students to give it a shot- they won't regret it!

Web Developer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Contact was initially made via email by what would be my direct supervisor and then the standard phone screening with him as well. At the end of our phone conversation I was asked to come in for an in person interview which I did less than a week later. I had a two for one in person interview where I sat with my direct supervisor and the assistant directors of both the Development and Design teams. It was the normal back and forth asking about my experience asking and answering questions. After about an hour of that I went in to see the Director of the entire department who was very nice and we basically just made small talk for about 15 minutes and asked if I had any further questions. After checking my references, they had me set up a meeting with HR where the official offer was given. Overall process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What I've struggled with in my field.   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I interviewed at Boston University in September 2015.

Interview

Applied via online portal and was contacted via email about 2 weeks later to arrange a conference call. Phone screen lasted 15 min. I was then invited for an in-person interview with a few staff members. Questions from phone screen were asked again in 2nd interview along with others.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in this position? What would you expect from your manager in terms of leadership style? Strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a thorough interview, 2 rounds - the people were thoughtful and nice and questions were not too difficult. The process went as smoothly as described. It took less than a month to receive an offer.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Two professors vs. one candidate, including general talking about the responsibilities, skills review, project experience, and some analytical background. Also I made a short presentation on my project experience by unfolding some detailed background information of the project, and the timeline of the progress of the project I've done. Some programming skills were asked and tested.

Interview Questions

• What kind of programming skills do you think may be beneficial to our project working   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

Easy questions, straight forward. They basically asked about my background, education and 5 year/ 10 year plan. They mostly talked to me about the lab, science and research and gave me a tour of the facilities. I met with the physician, nurse and manager. I also spoke with students in the lab while i waited in between interviews.

Grants Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Lengthy interview process, telephone conference, 2 visits to campus for personal interviews. After several follow up email exchanges I was made aware that someone with other work expertise not in granting assumed the position.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table   1 Answer

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very brief interview in the HR Office; friendly; no difficult questions. I immediately felt at ease with my interviewer and we clicked. It seems that they were looking for a young, approachable, well put together receptionist--and I fit the bill! My interviewer briefly looked over my resume and asked me to elaborate on some of my previous roles.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very informal. I interviewed with my direct manager on a Tuesday, met the program director for a brief discussion (not position based) and was offered a job by that Friday.

Stage and Entertainment Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, lasted about 30 minutes. The website was very helpful in keeping apprised as to the status of my application. I had always wanted to interview with them, and I felt lucky to have even made it to that phase. They gave me a choice of attending an in-person session in Florida or doing a phone interview. As I only had 2 days notice, I went with the phone option.