Boston University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.5

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very brief interview in the HR Office; friendly; no difficult questions. I immediately felt at ease with my interviewer and we clicked. It seems that they were looking for a young, approachable, well put together receptionist--and I fit the bill! My interviewer briefly looked over my resume and asked me to elaborate on some of my previous roles.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very informal. I interviewed with my direct manager on a Tuesday, met the program director for a brief discussion (not position based) and was offered a job by that Friday.

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

The interview was very comprehensive. There were 2 group interviews, each lasting 2 hours. During that time, you and the other interviewees were expected to work together to solve issues. Then, after the group interviews, each person had an individual interview. It was intense, but overall a good experience. Remember to not compete with the other interviewees--they are judging to see how you work in a team setting.

Stage and Entertainment Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, lasted about 30 minutes. The website was very helpful in keeping apprised as to the status of my application. I had always wanted to interview with them, and I felt lucky to have even made it to that phase. They gave me a choice of attending an in-person session in Florida or doing a phone interview. As I only had 2 days notice, I went with the phone option.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Excellent Recruiters. Interview was set up with 30 minutes to an hour meeting with students and faculty. All travel expense was paid for including purposely leaving time for sight seeing.

Payroll Administrator Interview

Interview

The interviewing process was quick with HR. The interview process with the actual team I worked with was a multi-step process and required multiple trips back to the University. The interviews were a combination of 1:1 with HR, and group interviews with the business teams. Overall the interview was quite standard and routine.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston University.

Interview

I was called in for an Interview at HR, which was very easy, the woman asked some basic questions and gave me some information about benefits. However, I had not been previously informed that after that interview I would immediately have to go to an interview with the department manager for the position I applied for (they had set up the interview saying it was an interview with HR). I had worked at BU as a student and already knew the manager so it wasn't too bad for me, but talking to others who were hired after me, I think it was a little more disconcerting for them. The hiring process after the interview went pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty typical behavioral type questions. I already knew the manager from previously working at BU so we got a bit off topic with things and it turned into more of just a chat than an interview   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

I have applied through the university job listing. After that i got a call from them and they scheduled my interview.

It was very good.. I was already prepared for all the questions hence I didnt face any issue.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied via the online portal from BU site, followed by in person interview where they discussed my core competencies to decide which ongoing research project that I might be a good fit for based on my profile and skills

Interview Questions

Interview

Application was made through the internet web site, and the submitted documents were reviewed by a committee. No any other type of interview process, But requiring a 84 Toefl exam and GRE exam and also above 3.0 GPA