Boston University Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston University Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I met with the primary investigator of the project I was working. We had 1 formal and 1 informal interview for the position. They discussed the details of the project and the position.

Interview Questions

• What past experiences have prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston University

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

The process is boring. I just applied online and write everything about me and it is over. I got accepted very soon and it was a pretty good experience. I fly to boston the following year. And I got a great start here.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boston University in February 2014.

Interview

Just met with PI to go through resume. Just reviewed the positions and job requirements. Overall, this was not a stressful process. I recommend this job to all students at BU. Be ready to discuss details on resume and previous experience. Also, will have to work on assigned projects. Many students work in the lab which is a benefit for younger students looking for mentors.

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

No interview needed. Just talk with the professors here to see if they have open positions

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

It was a pretty easy process of applying online and I was contacted by email to set up a 1:1 interview. The interview lasted about an hour and I was asked very typical interview questions about my background and interests. I heard from them by email within about a week with an offer of employment and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked was why I wanted to work in that particular area of research.   Answer Question

Negotiation

We didn't negotiate on wage/salary but I wish I had because the offer was lower than I expected.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Easy questions, straight forward. They basically asked about my background, education and 5 year/ 10 year plan. They mostly talked to me about the lab, science and research and gave me a tour of the facilities. I met with the physician, nurse and manager. I also spoke with students in the lab while i waited in between interviews.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Talk with faculty of my Department.

Anonymous Employee in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston University (Phoneton, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

The process started with a phone call from a staff person checking on my CV, my goals, etc. Then I had to provide results of relevant tests and validate or demonstrate some of the achievements on my CV. I was also given the chance to visit and talk to some other researchers (but that not really a requirement)/

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

There were 6 different interviews, back to back. Each interview was 30 minutes long, and there were 8 prospective employees being interviewed. There was a series of questions that most of them asked, many being the typical interview questions. This got tiring and repetitive because nearly every interviewer asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

• If you could erase one characteristic about yourself, what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston University (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

High GPA and abilities of doing secondary data analysis, SPSS skills is favored.

Interview Questions

• Based on what professor needs, the requirement will be differents   Answer Question

Negotiation

working style