Boston University School of Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston University School of Medicine (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with two supervisors in person. They asked very casual questions about experience, work ethic, attitude, ways of handling different situations. Open to listening and wanted me to do most of the talking. Made the environment very comfortable and just wanted to get a little bit more information that what my resume told them.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boston University School of Medicine (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

After the initial applying online, it took them about 2 month to call you in for the interview. After the first interview (only with a hand full of candidates), it took them a whole month before calling you back for a round two. They also asked you to provide references the day after the first interview but did not call any of them at all. Round two was approximately 3-4 weeks after round one, took about 3 hours, and consist of meeting with doctors that haven't seen your resume before and didn't know what position you're interviewing for. After round two they didn't make their final decision for another 3 weeks, at which point they didn't even send you any email about the whether the position was filled or not, or any information of that matter.

Interview Questions

• Basic experience and background questions, plus some technical paperwork questions to test your industry knowledge.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston University School of Medicine (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone call and 1 on 1 interview after that there wasn't much of an orientation just a lot of paperwork to read and be tested on before i could actually work with the sensitive information.

Interview Questions

• What are your strongest applicable qualities   1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boston University School of Medicine (Boston, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview was for being accepted to an umbrella PhD program at the Boston University Medical School. I met with 3 faculty from various research fields who questioned me about my previous research experience and asked about my research interests. Classic PhD interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us more about the project you did during your undergraduate/master's education.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston University School of Medicine (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was with two separate individuals. The first was with a senior faculty member who asked basic questions about myself. The second was with the department head, who appeared to be more absorbed in what was happening on her computer screen and made little eye contact.

Interview Questions

• So, you know about me and who I am don't you?   1 Answer

PhD Candidate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boston University School of Medicine in February 2012.

Interview

Full day interview with other applicants to the program. Met with multiple faculty members and other grad students. Lunch with other applicants and dinner at the graduate program director's house.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston University School of Medicine (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

1st Round Resume
    2nd Call In - Basic understanding of your personal story and experience, getting to know what kind of person you are
    3rd Meet in person - more detailed than phone interview, stick to your resume.

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston University School of Medicine (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through an independent program which matched labs with students. The interview was a skills-related interview. It comprised of a phone call to talk about research experience and a literature review to test scientific reading skills.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I sent in a cover letter and resume, applying for a research position, and promptly received a response to come in for an interview. The interview itself was straight forward. She asked why I wanted to work in medicine and what I expected to get out of working under her. Eventually she told me to come in for a trial run to see if I would stick around. I did, and ended up getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• She immediately looked over my resume and saw my gpa and talked about. That threw me off a little because I had no excuse, I did not do as well as I would have liked.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston University School of Medicine (Boston, MA) in July 2011.

Interview

An initial interview with the PI running the research center was followed by a general meet and greet with the support staff. The environment was relaxed and the whole process was complete in less than 2 hours. No trick questions, although the process is likely dependent on the person conducting the interview.