Bottomline Technologies College Hire Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for College Hire Program

Bottomline Technologies College Hire Program Interview Questions

Interviews at Bottomline Technologies

College Hire Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies.

Interview

I applied through my university for what I believe was called the "College Hire Program" and scheduled an interview on campus. The interviewers were running late and were unprepared. After asking me two or three questions, they were unsure of what to ask next (and told me that), so I took the lead as I had about 10 questions for them. They told me what positions were available, but could not explain what the roles of the positions would entail, other than communication. Later in the interview, one interviewer spoke about drinking alcohol at corporate social events and their personal life. At the end of the interview, I took the lead in standing up and shaking their hands, as they were awkward and did not acknowledge the fact that shaking hands tends to be normal. Overall, this was an extremely uncomfortable and unprofessional interview on their part. I could not wait to get out of there and I'm so glad I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bottomline Technologies

College Hire Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies.

Interview

First interview was a video using WebEx (you still need to dial in with your phone in order to hear each other, WebEx just provides video image). First interview was with 2 employees that went to the same college as me, they were not working in the same program that I applied to and were not HR people either, just alumni of the same school. They referred me to a staff accounting position instead of the recent graduate training program, at which point 2 accountants did another 1st-round phone interview with me. This second interview lasted 16 minutes and I'm pretty sure I asked them more questions than they asked me. They said they were interviewing a lot of people for the position and wanted to interview me as soon as possible, but I did not think that meant they would ask me basically the same questions I had been asked in the previous interview, it's like they didn't look at any notes from the last person.

Interview Questions

• What is something you like about your most recent job?   Answer Question
    • What is something you dislike about your most recent job?   Answer Question
    • Why did you pick your college and your major? (I don't see why this is relevant, I picked my college because I was 17 years old and wanted to get away from my parents, not because 5 years into the future I knew I wanted to apply to Bottomline)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the hardest decision you have had to make in the last couple of years.   Answer Question
    • What do you like to do in your spare time?   Answer Question