Bottomline Technologies Customer Support Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bottomline Technologies Customer Support Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Bottomline Technologies

2.7

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted via email within an hour. I was asked to set up a time for a phone interview with HR. Phone interview went very well and they asked if I would like to come on site and interview with the department. I was scheduled a week in advance to meet with three individuals. I was greeted by HR and given a nice binder with the days agenda on the cover and company information within.
Enter the first interviewer. Asked a bunch of questions that had nothing to do with the position. Fishing for my views on upper management and how it should trickle down. Really? Trickle down? I answered all of the questions, had her laughing, had her saying "wow never thought of it that way" etc., etc., etc. Next thing she jumps up and says "Oh, I think that the 2nd interviewer got called off site. Let me check and I'll be right back." Couple minutes later she comes in and tells me that the next two interviewers got called away and I was done for the day and that HR would contact me to reschedule. Bunch of B.S. The HR lady would have told me about a change of plans right up front.
My take? They can't ask you how old you are on the phone. Interviewer, mid to late 20's, me 51. Can't say that with certainty, but, in all my years I have never had an interview go like that. It was messed up. I emailed HR as soon as I got home and got a "cold" reply in minutes telling me they were going with other candidates.
What a waste of time. All of the reviews of how they treat their employees like crap is more than believable now and I am glad I found out early. If they treat an interviewer like that, just image how they treat the employees.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important to you, in order. Being liked by management, being liked by co-workers, or money.   Answer Question
  • If you get this job and there is a project due, would you stay till it is done no matter how many hours?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bottomline Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies (South Portland, ME) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview and then a face to face interview. If the face to face interview went well I would advance to a second face to face interview.

I interviewed at the South Portland Office. The manager interviewing me was about my age or possibly younger (I am 25). I thought the interview went well, I had knowledge of some of the systems used. Prior experience in the tech world and leadership roles.

Interview Questions

• Her final question she asked something about if I would be interested in a management role....   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies (Portsmouth, NH) in November 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview and did not hear anything for 2 months, then invited to interview in office in Portsmouth, NH. They knew I would be driving several hours mid-winter and did not offer any travel reimbursement including hotel when it was clear I would be staying overnight.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know how I felt about re-locating to Portsmouth, NH.   Answer Question