Bottomline Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2018

2.9

Enterprise Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies (Denver, CO).

Interview

Very disappointing engagement with recruiter. After reaching out TO ME for an interview, could not schedule a solid time for a call and then ghosted! So incredibly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• He simply asked to schedule a time to meet.   1 Answer

Senior UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies (Portsmouth, NH) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, salary check, and then quick phone screen with hiring manager, then an in-person interview. I met with 2 senior UX stakeholders to review my portfolio in a conference room.

Interview Questions

• Hiring managers asked me to present my work in a story format.   1 Answer

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies (Concord, NH) in March 2018.

Interview

A recruiter employed by Bottomline emailed me to set-up a phone interview. She called right on time and we spoke for approximately 15 minutes. I asked several questions the recruiter wasn't sure of and she promised to get back to me. A week later she emailed me that they had gone with another candidate.

Associate Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies (Portsmouth, NH) in February 2018.

Interview

Initial phone call with an HR representative for the College Hire program, followed by two video calls with technical leads to discuss my interest in the position. Finally, they had me come up to interview onsite at Portsmouth.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a few projects you've worked on and any challenges you faced in them.   Answer Question

Associate Project Manager - Grad Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies (Portsmouth, NH) in February 2018.

Interview

November - Very standard phone interview. Was told I would hear back soon about scheduling a second interview.

Late December - A little over a month had passed and I received an email saying that they are behind and I should hear back soon about moving forward.

Late January - Still have not heard anything about a second interview. Emailed the recruiter 3 times and sent a message on LinkedIn. That finally got him to answer and put me in contact with someone else.

Early February - I was finally scheduled for 3 interviews at the HQ. For two of them, they had me talk to people over video and the 3rd I was speaking with someone in person. All pretty standard behavioral questions, but there was a lot of overlap in the questions because no one had any idea of who else I was talking to, when I was talking with them, or what they talked to me about.

Exactly one month later - I was asked to come back to HQ for two final round interviews all in person. One was someone I previously spoke with and asked me what I had talked about with the other people a month ago. Then, we talked more specifically about the position and the company. Next I was asked more similar behavioral questions and asked about experience on my resume, college etc.

I wish they communicated with each other more because no one knew who I had met with before or what we talked about. A pretty standard interviewing process but with added in frustration due to a lack of organization.

I after the two sessions of interviews at HQ, I was emailed positive feedback in addition to the good things said about me in person. Eventually, I did not get the job, so I asked the person that they had been using as a communication medium if they could reach out the hiring managers for feedback since I did not get he position, but seemed very qualified and a good fit. She responded saying that she was not given any information except that they would be going with someone else. Too bad she didn't bother reaching out like I had asked.

Software Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies (Englewood Cliffs, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

Initial HR call. Their HR location is in NH. Then i scheduled for 30 min video call with VP of new jersey location. Then after, 3 hours of onsite interview with 5-6 people. Mostly interview on technical side and some HR kind of question.

Interview Questions

• Linux: Top, search string in file.
      Java:Examples of interface.
      Network:TCP/IP , http, https
      SQL: joints queries. Make sure that you are good in this. I think that i made mistakes in this.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

Below were the interview process.

First HR called and understood my interest and set up the following rounds of interviews.

1 Brief Intro, more questions about previous projects, experiences and roles played with a senior guy.
    2 Telephonic Java
    3 Telephonic Database
    4 Telephonic Java J2EE, coding and analyzing existing code

Post that face to face interview, with one round of hands on Java, second round of sql hands on. Followed by two attribute rounds, one face to face and another, video call.

Challenging questions asked.

College Hire Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies.

Interview

First interview was a video using WebEx (you still need to dial in with your phone in order to hear each other, WebEx just provides video image). First interview was with 2 employees that went to the same college as me, they were not working in the same program that I applied to and were not HR people either, just alumni of the same school. They referred me to a staff accounting position instead of the recent graduate training program, at which point 2 accountants did another 1st-round phone interview with me. This second interview lasted 16 minutes and I'm pretty sure I asked them more questions than they asked me. They said they were interviewing a lot of people for the position and wanted to interview me as soon as possible, but I did not think that meant they would ask me basically the same questions I had been asked in the previous interview, it's like they didn't look at any notes from the last person.

Interview Questions

• What is something you like about your most recent job?   Answer Question
    • What is something you dislike about your most recent job?   Answer Question
    • Why did you pick your college and your major? (I don't see why this is relevant, I picked my college because I was 17 years old and wanted to get away from my parents, not because 5 years into the future I knew I wanted to apply to Bottomline)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the hardest decision you have had to make in the last couple of years.   Answer Question
    • What do you like to do in your spare time?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online through school job board and was later invited to have an on-campus interview. I was interviewed by two recent graduates who asked pretty basic and typical interview questions

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Very easy-going and laid back. A lot of opportunity to expand on experience and skills and even personal stories contributing to the role. Interviewer was respectful and encouraging. Left a very positive impression of the company culture. I am excited at the prospect of working at Bottomline Technologies.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a surprisingly specific question about one of my projects.   1 Answer