Bottomline Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bottomline Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.9

College Hire Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies.

Interview

First interview was a video using WebEx (you still need to dial in with your phone in order to hear each other, WebEx just provides video image). First interview was with 2 employees that went to the same college as me, they were not working in the same program that I applied to and were not HR people either, just alumni of the same school. They referred me to a staff accounting position instead of the recent graduate training program, at which point 2 accountants did another 1st-round phone interview with me. This second interview lasted 16 minutes and I'm pretty sure I asked them more questions than they asked me. They said they were interviewing a lot of people for the position and wanted to interview me as soon as possible, but I did not think that meant they would ask me basically the same questions I had been asked in the previous interview, it's like they didn't look at any notes from the last person.

Interview Questions

• What is something you like about your most recent job?   Answer Question
    • What is something you dislike about your most recent job?   Answer Question
    • Why did you pick your college and your major? (I don't see why this is relevant, I picked my college because I was 17 years old and wanted to get away from my parents, not because 5 years into the future I knew I wanted to apply to Bottomline)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the hardest decision you have had to make in the last couple of years.   Answer Question
    • What do you like to do in your spare time?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online through school job board and was later invited to have an on-campus interview. I was interviewed by two recent graduates who asked pretty basic and typical interview questions

Client Services Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies in October 2016.

Interview

I had one interview at my school and was called to their offices for another. The interview was very relaxed and easy going. The interview questions were pretty standard like they asked about your background, your experience and why you wanted the job!

Costumer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies (Wilton, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

They contact me by email requesting a call. The first person I talk to was the recruiter, she asked me basic question about my resume, and she schedule a phone interview with manager. The third call was from the division coordinator. They said they will contact me with an answer and never did. I email them and finally received a response that they went with another person

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a hard situation at work, for example, what would you do if you know if someone is doing something wrong?   Answer Question

Director Enterprise Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies (Portsmouth, NH) in July 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reach out to me about this role, I did see mixed reviews on glassdoors but decided I would give them the benefit of the doubt. After a 20-25 minute phone interview with the HR recruiter the next step was to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. We spoke on the phone for an hour where I was asked about my management style, achievements, how I motivate people. She decided that I would come on-site and meet in-person with various people and gave HR raving reviews. I had a phone screen with the VP of Finance who gave me a thumbs up, met via webx with her counterpart in the UK, again all great feedback. Onsite interview with with the CIO. Again everyone was focused on leadership, managing a team (that has had no manager for over 6 months and was told needs a leader and mentor). I ended each interview with how do you see me fitting in this role, everyone response was I see you fitting very nicely and this team needs someone like you. I was to come back and meet the hiring manager in-person and was told they had a critical internal issue and wanted to reschedule. After a week I was informed they needed someone with more Global experience. So as the person in a previous review indicated I may have been candidate 72 for this role. I don't think they know what they want even when they have it in front of them. Either management is trigger shy or doesn't know how to make a decision. If the team is failing because they lack a leader I can see why. Based on this experience the reviews from others on this company are probably very true and this may have been a blessing in disguise. Even though I feel they wasted my time, I will take the high road as it gave me a chance to practice my interview skills.

Interview Questions

• what is your greatest achievement, how will you come in and manage this team?   Answer Question

Individual Contributor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies in July 2016.

Interview

In a word, thorough. I was fortunate enough to have very candid conversations during the process. Company is well positioned for future growth, culture was very upbeat and welcoming. Although a decision was made not to go with me, I met a lot of folks and appreciated the opportunity to discuss how I could help. Timing wise, it was a lot of interviews in person and virtually, I received no negative or critical feedback and always followed up. I would have liked to receive feedback on why the decision was made to not go with me, so that I could learn from it. That is truly the only negative I can think of, overall it was a decent experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you delight a customer? Why Bottomline and why now?   Answer Question

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies.

Interview

This was on campus interview set up through my universities career services. I meet with two guys that work at the company. The interview consisted of reviewing my resume and me discussing my experience.

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contracted by a recruiter whom found my resume on Careerbuilder. I completed a telephone interview with the recruiter. After 2 weeks, I completed another telephone interview with the recruiter that lasted over an hour. After a week, I was brought in to have an inperson interview with the hiring manager (that basically was the same line of questions from the telephone interview) and an interview with the other department managers. I felt confident in the interviews with all parties involved. I inquired regarding the hiring decision and never heard back from the recruiter whom I was dealing with. I felt this was unprofessional as, she'd previously been reaching out to me mostly to come in for the interview. I felt that the same tenacity should have been used to inform me of the hiring decision. While I understand, that they manager felt like I wasn't a right fit, I found it unprofessional that I wasn't formally informed of that decision.

Director of Enterprise Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies (Portsmouth, NH) in March 2016.

Interview

After a brief call with the in-house recruiter, a call with the hiring manager was scheduled. This call lasted an hour and was pretty terrible. She seemed very unengaged and distracted, and could not answer basic questions about the technology her department currently builds and maintains, saying at one point, "I actually don't even know, and that's bad." She asked only very standard questions.

I was not expecting an in-person interview after this call, based on how uninterested she seemed in me. However, about a week later the in-house recruiter emailed to schedule an on-site interview.

The in person interview was just one hour long, again with the hiring manager. She again only asked very few questions, and nothing very probing or difficult. I think I showed a mastery of the unique skills required for the role, and presented myself very well. At the end of the interview, I was told that next steps would be to schedule a Skype meeting with her peer in India. At one point she said that she was looking for someone who would make her look good, and seemed to idolize the senior management of the company, who reside on a segregated top floor of the building. She mentioned that she had interviewed at least 70 people in person for this specific role. Seriously, 70. To me, that was a red flag indicating that she has no idea what she's looking for or how to recognize a good fit, and her poor interviewing ability was also a concern. Unsurprisingly, I became the 71st person to receive a "we're moving forward with other candidates" email a few days later. Ultimately, I couldn't help but feel that my time had been wasted.

Client Services Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies (Portsmouth, NH) in February 2016.

Interview

A two person hiring team came to my college as a part of an on school interviewing process for the college program. The team of two was obviously unprepared. Questions were not well tailored to specific applicants and appeared redundant most of the time. They did not adequately answer several of the questions I had prepared for them. All over, it was a very bad experience. I'm not really sure what the interviewers took away from it. Their questions weren't skill or behavioral based, but more lingered on things like "how do you feel about blank?"

Interview Questions

• My thoughts on horizontal vs vertical structuring and relationships with CEO   Answer Question