Bottomline Technologies Vendor Advocate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bottomline Technologies

2.0

Vendor Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies (Portsmouth, NH).

Interview

I applied on their website on a Friday and got a response email early the next week asking for a phone interview. The interview was scheduled with one sales manager, but a different manager interviewed in his place. She informed me that he was home with a sick child. (I appreciated getting a reason for the switch, and also that it seemed to be considered completely normal for a dad to be home with a sick child.) The phone interview was about a half hour long and was upbeat, conversational and informative.
A couple of hours later, I was contacted via email to schedule an on-site interview for early the following week. My interview itinerary and the names of the five interviewers were included in the confirmation email, giving me time to prepare notes and questions of my own.
The interview was approximately two hours long. I was greeted by my contact from HR and given a small booklet which included my itinerary, company details and benefits. I was offered water. I met separately with each of the interviewing managers and was made to feel very welcome and comfortable. The questions were relevant and conversational. Each interviewer gave me a little information about their background and experience with Bottomline Technologies and seemed happy to answer my questions about training and promotion. I left hoping for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you considering leaving your current industry and what are your professional goals?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bottomline Technologies

Vendor Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bottomline Technologies (Portsmouth, NH).

Interview

The interview process for the Vendor Advocate position went well. It was held in a comfortable meeting room and the sales staff were great. After meeting with three people from the sales team, I was asked if I would be interested in learning more about a management position in South Portland, Maine. I was happy to hear about the position and since it seemed interesting, I asked to learn more. I specifically asked if learning more about this management position would prevent me from moving forward with the Vendor Advocate position and I was told "No" and also "They're always hiring". I was given the understanding that the Vendor Advocate position was a go, but they wanted to see about the other position as well. I decided to take an interview the next week in South Portland and I met with 3 more people and spoke with one on the phone. At this point, I was asked to meet again in Portsmouth, NH two days later and I was happy to do so. On the following Tuesday, I was told that I would be hired for neither position because the Vendor Advocate position had since been filled. If I hadn't listened to the manager who asked me to interview in South Portland, I would have had an offer that day for the Vendor Advocate position.

I would say "Thanks for nothing", but I am actually quite thankful that I didn't end up at this company. Take a good look at the reviews that others have left and head for the hills. I met with 10 people total over the course of 3 rounds of 1:1 interviews and no one seemed to have any idea what was going on. Ten 30 minute interviews for a job that pays $35-40k seems a bit much as well. The original recruiter who reached out to me even quit through this process. Seems like monkey business to me.

Interview Questions