Boulder Valley School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Boulder Valley School District

2.6

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boulder Valley School District (Boulder, CO) in December 2013.

Interview

They asked questions about my motivations for working there, they asked how I would handle it if certain hypothetical situations came to pass, they answered my questions about vacation and sick time, how I would get paid, etc. They also spent time observing me with the students in the classroom.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boulder Valley School District (Boulder, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Boulder Valley School District is now using Hire Vue for their interviews. I may be old-fashioned, but I find Hire Vue very impersonal and don´t believe the school district got very good insight into what I could contribute as a teacher to their district.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Boulder Valley School District?   Answer Question

Teacher, Secondary School Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boulder Valley School District (Denver, CO) in April 2019.

Interview

Computer generated and recorded interview. For four years I get invited to interview with the online process, and have not been called to interview in person. Five questions that are recorded remotely,. Questions are generated on your screen and you get 1 minute to organize an answer and then video record the response. A dismal process with no human interaction.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boulder Valley School District (Boulder, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

I did not get a call to set up an interview, instead I got a message from their automated system with open slots. The position I applied to didn't require experience but the questions did not reflect that.

Confidental Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Boulder Valley School District (Denver, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

Two step process: Team round table interview with preplanned questions. This method allows for not interaction other than to answer the questions. No time for give and take in answers. Team members narrow candidate choices. Second step: private interview with director. More time to get details, expand on experiences.

School Support Assistant Interview

Interview

I received a message Friday afternoon for a Monday interview. This was short notice and no one replied to my follow-up regarding who I would be interviewing with. The interview process was very dehumanizing with 4 people asking me 10 layered questions in 15 minutes. I was not allowed to ask questions and they kept checking the clock which was located behind me. When I got home from the interview I immediately withdrew from consideration but no one replied and they sent me a rejection message anyway. It was a horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• At the same time, if a child is crying, an upset parent needs help, someone is at the door and needs to be buzzed in and a teacher asks for help regarding a field trip how would prioritize them in the moment and why?   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boulder Valley School District in November 2009.

Interview

No interview, the online application included credentials and references.

Interview Questions

• Are you licensed?   1 Answer
    • Do you have three references as to your character.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's take it or leave it.