BounceX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BounceX (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of a recruiter phone screen, a phone screen with an engineer, and then two separate in person interviews. I enjoyed my conversations across the entire interview process and was excited to get an offer. I was disappointed when I found out it was an exploding offer. I received the offer at around 8 PM on a Wednesday, and the offer expired at 11:59 PM on Friday. This is not enough time to make a decision, and companies should really stop doing this. The offer I received was a bit below market rate for a 4+ year experienced engineer, and less than I am currently making. I sent the following email at 8:30 AM the next day (Thursday):

Hey,

I’m very excited to get this offer! I’ve had such a great interview experience with you guys. There are few things I’d like to discuss:

It was probably just part of the form offer letter, but I’m not prepared to make a decision in 48 hours. I mentioned I’d love to come in next week and meet with the rest of the team. I want to make sure that I can be successful and work well with the whole team from day one. Additionally, I would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you (or someone else) about the company’s finances. As a member of the team, it’s really important to me that I understand the company’s future growth and revenue strategies. After those discussions, I feel I’ll be better prepared to speak with my family and make a decision.

I still think we’re off on compensation. This offer would be a decrease in compensation for me relative to what I’m earning at [CURRENT POSITION]. I don’t think we’re very far apart, but it’s important to me that I’m paid fairly.

I’d also like to learn more about career progression. I think you have me as a “Software Engineer”. Is that the Junior level? How does one move up to the next level, and how do you typically help your employees plan for growing their careers at BounceX? I want to make sure BounceX is a place I can thrive at for many years.

I’ll set up time to come in next week to meet with the team. I hope you can join for some part of it (I know you’re busy, and I appreciate all the time you’ve dedicated already). If not, let’s jump on a short call. Again, I’m stoked for the offer, and the opportunity at BounceX, and I’m confident I’ll be a great part of the team.

Best,

I received a response at 1 PM:

That makes me really happy to hear.

I want to give this a thoughtful reply. I am (we're) in the middle of [A PROJECT], so let me wrap that and I'll put together some thoughts this afternoon / evening.

I did not get a response that afternoon or evening, or all the next day. Finally, at 7 PM the next day, just 5 hours before the offer exploded, I was sent the following:

Hey, thanks for the patience.

Today got away from me and shows no signs of relenting, but I wanted to catch up. Do you have some time tomorrow – how about 1:00P? [Note: This is after the offer explodes]

All my best,

I could not talk on Saturday, as I had other plans. We finally got in touch Monday at 6 PM. I was told the offer is expiring, and will not be reissued. The above is our sum total of communication up to that point. Draw your own conclusion.

My advice to other engineers is to steer clear until they either figure their recruiting process out, have a mature leader, or decide to pay a competitive salary.

Interview Questions

• We generally just spoke about my background, and the company. It was a fair interview process with a sprinkle of technical questions.   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BounceX (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a month later to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. It was one of the more unprofessional interview experiences I have ever had. The hiring manager admitted over the phone that he had not seen my application or read my cover letter before our call. He asked me generic questions that were obviously coming from a script and clearly did not care about my answers. He asked me what my ideal position on the team would be and as I started describing it, he cut me off staying he had just filled the role in which I was describing — leading me to wonder why I was asked to interview in the first place... Overall the interview lasted about 15 minutes and was wrapped up without him even asking if I had questions of my own for him.

Interview Questions

• Describe what your ideal role within the organization would be   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BounceX (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Found the job listing through an online source. Submitted resume along with answers to relevant questions. The process took a day. Internal recruiter reviewed my application and decided to pass.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BounceX in March 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. I am a new graduate student, so basically just went through my CV and ask me to describe my project. The progress was about 15 mins.

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BounceX (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Complete lack of organization. Scheduled a phone interview, and didn't end up getting a call. Finally rescheduled it for the following week. They immediately followed up with a QA assessment and eventually brought me into the office to meet with the team. The interview itself was thorough. It took about an hour and a half with another assessment given on the spot. After following up with the recruiter multiple times and them promising to get back to me with an answer, I still have not gotten one.

Interview Questions

BounceX Response

Sep 8, 2015 – Operations Manager

We apologize that this person had a delayed response from our team. This interview occurred when we were a much smaller company, and we have since optimized our process significantly since then to... More

Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BounceX (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

At first, pretty good. Quick, they got me to an inperson in about a week. I've been waiting for a response for about 3 weeks now. I've emailed the recruiter 3 times without any response about my status.

Interview Questions

• Standard web stuff. Javascript, HTML, CSS.   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BounceX (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

This was by far the worst interview process/experience in my 8 year career. Completely unprofessional and they have zero respect for a candidate's time. In hindsight, I dodged a major bullet. The process beings with a recruiter reaching out with a questionnaire about job & life experiences while they get an understanding of your personality. Once completed, they set up an informal meeting with an employee - the feedback I got was that they loved the questionnaire responses. It did take a long time to complete and had lots of detail. The person I met (not mentioning any names) was the epitome of awkwardness. He was unprofessional and I was baffled that he was in the role that he was in. He ended up being a first level screener - asked me very few questions, and it felt like I had to drive the conversation.We talked culture, next steps etc but it was clear he had little to add on any aspect of the role. He dashed out and that was that. I never heard from them again. I reached out to the guy I met and the recruiter but no response. If I wasn't a fit, no worries, at least let me know. To leave someone hanging is just poor form - we all have busy lives and being upfront garners respect. In short, a lot of effort just to be ignored. They obviously place very little value on the candidate's time and the energy spent during this process, so it's best to save yourself some angst and find an organization that values your efforts and is direct & professional.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very little by the first level screener - but he did ask me more about my current role and how that experience would translate into the role I was applying for.   Answer Question

Business Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BounceX in May 2018.

Interview

Screen call with a recruiter. At the end of the call, she explained that she would follow up by the end of the week with next steps. I followed up the next week and then one week after. Never heard from them.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BounceX (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I received an interview request within about a day of applying for the position, which was terrific. The phone screen was easy and straightforward, and the recruiter really knew how to sell the company and made it seem like a very desirable place to work, but she seemed to tune as soon as she realized I didn't have a digital marketing background. I was ultimately not chosen to move forward to the next stage as a result of this, and it seems like they're looking for individuals with very specific backgrounds so that they have to do very little marketing training.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have managing a digital marketing campaign?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BounceX (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

HR was eager to set up an in person meeting. After going in for in person meetings, and sending out Thank You emails, it was radio silence. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of an unpleasant client and how did you handle it?   Answer Question