BounceX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BounceX Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2017

3.1

Interview

I had a phone interview after applying for this position. Then I was invited to taking the coding challenge. I had a week to complete it. I submitted it before it was due. Tested out my code and it worked. However after I submitted the coding challenge I was not invited to continue in the application process. I am not disappointed about not getting the opportunity. I kind of hoped for some feedback regarding the coding challenge ( as it was a learning expereince). That is about it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BounceX (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process is typically 5 steps. It begins with a phone screening where someone from HR asks questions about your past experience. The second step is a two-part assessment that measures your ability to effectively segment using the BounceX software criteria (all given) as well as your creativity and writing skills. Next is the in-person interview. I know sometimes they do a Skype interview first, but I was in New York at the time so I just came to the office.

During the in-person interview I met with my HR contact and was interviewed by two people. I got a tour of the office and met some new hires. At the end of the interview I set up a time to complete the last round.

The last round is a mock call with a prep call before. There's a helpful information packet that was essential in my preparation. Be sure to do as much preparation as possible before the prep call as it's just a time to ask questions. The mock call is broken up into sharing data results with a "client" and then presenting ideas. Spend a few hours preparing for the call, but understand that you must be able to think on your feet and answer unexpected questions as well. My call lasted about an hour, I was asked for references later that day and then received an offer a couple of days later.

My HR contact was present and wonderful throughout my whole experience. He made me feel extremely comfortable about what every part of the process was like and was approachable for all of my questions (shout out Ben). Had I not been offered the job, it still would have been a great interview experience albeit time consuming and challenging. If you aren't excited about the opportunity to work here from the onset, it's not an interview that you can do without focus or effort.

Interview Questions

• Explain what BounceX does to your grandmother.
      If you were to create a new company today what would it be and why?
      Why is Amazon so successful?   Answer Question

Client Strategy Manager Interview

Interview

Recruiter was super friendly and seemed to be passionate about recruiting for BounceX. Interview consisted of a phone screening, take-home assessment, meeting in person with one of the directors, and a final presentation. Taking the time to call candidates, versus email, was a nice touch!

The only thing I found odd was that for the final assessment, you really are expected to be the expert of all BounceX content, which was not at all what was communicated early on in the interview process. If you're interviewing while you've got a full-time job and aren't coming from a digital marketing background (and don't have the time to become an expert overnight!), this will be very challenging.

Overall, still a positive experience for sure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BounceX (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

This was a phone screening. I have to do an assessment. I assume there will be next steps after that if I get through the assessment stage. The assessment looks like a lot of coding.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BounceX (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly and informative throughout the interview process. However there was a definite lack of transparency when moving through the rounds. They seem to be looking for a very specific type of employee.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to overcome an obstacle in a work environment with a creative solution.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BounceX (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I received an interview request within about a day of applying for the position, which was terrific. The phone screen was easy and straightforward, and the recruiter really knew how to sell the company and made it seem like a very desirable place to work, but she seemed to tune as soon as she realized I didn't have a digital marketing background. I was ultimately not chosen to move forward to the next stage as a result of this, and it seems like they're looking for individuals with very specific backgrounds so that they have to do very little marketing training.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have managing a digital marketing campaign?   Answer Question

CSM Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BounceX in July 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. A recruiter reached out to schedule an initial phone screen. Phone screen was pretty basic. Next was a video interview with a manager of the team, which focused on more marketing-related questions. Following this, they brought me to New York HQ for an interview with a Director. This interview went through my background, how my current role related and marketing-related questions. Following this, I had a video interview with a VP then a mock client call with the VP. Everyone was great and the recruiter communicated with me and checked in throughout the process. After the final round, I called to check in and was told that they didn't call me because I did not get an offer. I am unimpressed with this very unprofessional ending of a long process.

Client Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BounceX (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend at the company. I had an initial phone interview with HR where I was asked to walk through my background, it was very conversational and fun. I was then invited to meet with one of the director's. Both HR and the director were incredibly engaging, smart, and a pleasure to meet with. They took the time to ask the right questions and were very attentive. HR gave me a personal call to thank me for more time throughout the interview process. I think this place is amazing and those who have the opportunity to interview should give it 150%!

Good luck!

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Amazing talent team that is highly responsive and clear about process and expectations. I was blown away by how engaging, thoughtful and kind they are.

This is a company you want to interview with to understand what the experience should look and feel like.

Digital Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BounceX.

Interview

I heard about the job through a recruiter at my University. I applied online and within 2-3 weeks I received an email from another person on the talent team to schedule a phone screening. The initial phone screening was centered around my resume, previous data/marketing experiences, and qualities I’d look for in a job straight out of college. The recruiter I spoke with was awesome. Obviously she really valued her work and could speak clearly and effectively about the BounceX and what the DMA role would entail. This recruiter was my point person for the rest of my interview process.

Next, I completed a short assessment that was logic-based and had a Skype interview which was surprisingly less intimidating than I thought it would be. I felt like my interviewer really put in the effort to get to know me – ultimately seeing if I was a good fit for not only the position but at BounceX. I appreciated how she didn’t dive straight into the hard-hitting interview questions. She asked about my interests/academic career/professional aspirations more broadly and led the conversation flow into what I could bring to BounceX.

After the Skype interview, I had an on-site interview and was asked questions more specifically testing creative insight and digital marketing experience. I also had a brief tour of the office. The layout was so open and inviting, yet it was still a focused environment with people still hard at work.

I was not selected to move forward with the next step, but even though the hiring process was a bit long (and could have been longer), I really appreciated how great everyone at BounceX was at every step of the process. Although I didn't get the job, the recruiter I had been in contact with actually took the time to call me instead of sending a generic email with the update. It’s very busy over there, so the phone call was very thoughtful.

I could tell the whole team at BounceX is incredibly smart, driven, and passionate about what they do. From the talent team to the VP of Customer Success, I enjoyed everybody I met and was impressed by not only their product, but the work culture and values of their company. They’re really good at communication and are transparent about their hiring process. The only thing that threw me off was during my last on-site interview. The interviewer had called me by my given first name and not my preferred name. Everyone else had referred to me by my preferred name, so I was a little surprised and lost focus when trying to answer a question. She might have forgotten my introduction and just glanced at what was listed first on my resume. But overall great company with really fantastic people.