Boux Avenue Christmas Temp Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boux Avenue Christmas Temp Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Boux Avenue

1 Interview Review

Christmas Temp Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boux Avenue (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Good News: The interview process itself was good! It was a group interview followed by a one-to-one. My one-to-one interview took place in the same room as another one was going on so it was abit confusing listening to myself speak and trying to concentrate on the questions as well as hearing what the other candidate was saying/being asked.

The group interview was nice, group of 5 of us, lovely girls. We were asked to play two truths, one lie as an ice-breaker I think and then to pick from a selection of items from the brand and then present back to the group the features and benefits of them. I think the interview was fun and went well.

Bad News: I was quite nervous while I had my one-to-one and forgot to ask the "when will I hear back?" question at the end. A week passed and I didn't hear anything. I did call the store on two separate occasions just to ask when I would hear back. The first time the member of staff I spoke to said by the end of the week. The end of the week came and I didn't hear anything so I called again and this time asked for feedback assuming that I'd been unsuccessful. The staff member said she would ask the manager. I could hear her ask "have the Christmas temps already been chosen?" but I couldn't hear the response. Then she returned to the phone and said that the manager was busy with a customer and would call me back in 10 minutes. I left my name and number. I never received a phone call back. Bit disappointing. Every candidate has the right to ask for feedback surely and I just thought it was quite rude really how they handled that and lied to me. It's negatively impacted my view of the company a little bit or that store in particular should I say. Maybe it's a good thing I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions