Bouygues UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bouygues UK Interview Questions

Updated Dec 18, 2016

2.6

Graduate Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bouygues UK (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I attended an assessment day at the office in Waterloo. The atmosphere was very stiff and unrelaxed although they were clearly trying to appear friendly and inviting. The staff were nice enough and the other graduates were friendly, but it just did not feel very welcoming. During the day, I was placed within a designated group and worked with them on two different team challenges. I also had a personal interview.

The challenges were designed as an opportunity for the assessors to determine how you work in a team, whereas the interview was supposed to be a chance to determine your individual strengths. The team challenges were good, allowing ample opportunity to show how you work with others and the tasks were interesting and fun. However, the interview questions were not role specific (which was fine) but more importantly the interviewers were clearly not open minded (possibly a tenant of the organisational culture), as there was clearly a predisposition toward answers to which they were already familiar and that conformed to the status quo of the organisation.

Also, they seemed unconcerned at the underlying contradictory nature of certain types of responses, i.e. preferring to hear answers that would illicit positive emotional responses e.g. I got into construction because my father/uncle was an architect (given to me by them as an example of what they usually hear), rather than those that were logical, rational and based on clear objective decision-making e.g. I chose construction (quantity surveying) because there are lots of jobs available and it was the best choice at the time based on a number of different factors - feasibility, accessibility, career prospects... so on - even though somebody who makes decisions based on how they feel is clearly a poor choice for a job where logic and rationale are by far and large the more important underlying characteristics.

Therefore, my advice is to tell them what you think they want to hear. It may not be true, but if your honesty is not in line with their way of thinking then you will probably not get an offer. Now, this is probably true of most organisations, nevertheless it felt a lot more so with this one.

Interview Questions

• Why did you get into the construction industry?   1 Answer

Bim Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bouygues UK (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was with the UK BIM director who evaluated my technical competence.
    The second stage of the interview was with the Project director and Design director who evaluated my team competence.

Site Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bouygues UK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

After sending my CV, received a call 4 week after to book an interview. Had one interview with what would be line manager + HR. First part with HR, second part with HR and Line manager. One week after received an offer.

Design Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bouygues UK (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

As I had previosuly worked for Bouygues UK the previous summer the recruitment process was slightly different to normal. However after a brief phone call to arrange the interview I was invited to the London Headquarters to meet with a Project Director of a particular project that they were recruiting for at the time. It was a very interesting project as many of their projects are which made it easier to be enthusiastic about the interview. After the interview I received an offer very soon and was happy to sign an employment contract with all the usual information required plus a good starting salary.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about what I hoped to achieve etc and various standard interview questions. There were no specific competency questions but they did ask about what skills I had and where I think I would fit best within the company. Overall it was a very   Answer Question

Human Resources Team Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bouygues UK in January 2015.

Interview

A very quick and smooth process. From second interview to offer only took 48 hours.
    There was a two stage interview process, both of which were competency based. Interviewers included functional lead and the local operations lead.

Interview Questions

• Standard competency based questions relating to the role. Specific job related technical questions.   Answer Question

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bouygues UK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Poor-3 interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Poor & Long

Team Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bouygues UK (London, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Two-stage interview process. 1st was with the potential line manager and 2nd with the Recruitment Manager. The first interview was very informal, even included a tour of the office! The questions weren't always completely relevant to the job, more of a conversation than an interview. The 2nd interview with HR was more formal.

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bouygues UK (Bangkok (Thailand)) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview is an easy step, not so pain much as i first thought. I was asked to come directly to the office at the site office located in Bangkok. The interviewer asked me about my past experience and work rotation. Take it easy and you will get a job easily

Interview Questions

• What did you do when you were studying in the university?   Answer Question