Bowdoin Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

1. Featured Interview

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bowdoin Group (Waltham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

The recruiter first reached out via phone to set up a skype interview/conversation in the next few days, then sent me an online personality test. After the completion of those, I was invited for a face to face interview at their office in Waltham, MA. At the face to face interview, I spoke with first the research manager, then a member of the research team, both of which asked me similar questions.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me wide ranging questions about my data skills, decision making process, and past work experience in research projects. They also asked about the work settings I do my best work in, as they kept referring to their open atmosphere/culture and rather cliche "work hard-play hard" approach.

After about a week I got a call back from the recruiter saying they decided to go in a different direction, but seemed open to reaching out in the future if a position opened up.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bowdoin Group (Waltham, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The phone interview went well and the individual I spoke to was very outgoing and personable. The in person interview was extremely unprofessional. It was evident they did not want to spend the time getting to know me and were quick to tell me I was not the right fit after a half hour.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bowdoin Group (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview screening for behavioral tendencies, past experience with research and recruiting, and a brief overview. Left most of the talking to me, leaving me to guess whether the response was well-received. Prompt about reaching out and following up, but did not explain the position in greater detail, which led to communication errors later in the interview.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Earth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bowdoin Group (Blue Earth, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was asked me some basic questions but other questions that were not even job related and I could tell the interviewer was quick to write me off. Interviewer was not an easy going individual but remained professional.

Interview Questions

• Why did you not go into public accounting or taxation?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bowdoin Group.

Interview

I found out about the Bowdoin Group through a career fair at my school. Clicked pretty well with the recruiter I met, and later had a phone screen. I felt this also went really well. Continually throughout the process I was told by various people my experience was impressive. I attended an Open House, and again clicked with many people. Then I had the interview, which also went very well. It was a pretty standard interview, no big surprising questions. I was very comfortable, and think I did well. A week later I was told they were going with someone else who had more experience. I guess my experience wasn't as impressive as everyone kept telling me. Their attitudes were a little misleading, I had false hope, but overall it was a fine experience.

Interview Questions

• What are two goals you have set for yourself, and how did you achieve them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bowdoin Group (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I received an email one day after applying to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted roughly 20 minutes, then I was scheduled in for an in-person interview the following week. It was the same person interviewing on the phone and in person. She was very friendly and asked straightforward questions. The in-person interview took about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you felt particularly challenged on the job and how did you respond to the challenge?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

Interviewer was nice and the interview was very conversational. Asked general questions regarding your resume. Be ready to elaborate on your experiences.They love people who are competitive and money-driven so if you can touch upon those, I think you would be all set. Team environment seems really good and they are very selective. They have to know that you would excel and help the company make a lot of money. The position was also for recruitment so you should touch upon how you are a good sales person.

Recruiter Interview Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bowdoin Group.

Interview

I applied to this position and was given a call 1-2 days later, everything went well, I was then invited to the office for a interview which also went really well, I was asked to do he personality assessment and invited for a 2nd interview. Wasn't sure how I felt about the second and neither did the manager but was still invited for a 3rd anyway and was asked more questions over the phone. Went in for a 3rd and met with 3 people, was supposed to do my final activity which never happened because they eliminated me. Apparently, you need to have a passion for technology an although they want to help you get to you ultimate career goal don't say anything other than recruitment or staffing because they will say no to you. They will say that sometimes its hard to make a connection with you but the truth is, the managers there are hard to make a connection with, its not you its them. Good people, good environment, but very picky.

Interview Questions

• anything you have failed at? The word failure is not in my vocabulary so I didn't appreciate this choice of wording to really bring out the best in me.   Answer Question

Recruiter Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bowdoin Group.

Interview

Came into contact with the company a month after apply; I figured they passed me over for the job. Standard phone interview, then in person interview at the office. Their behavorial assessment is specific and seems where they weed out the most applicants.

Entry Level Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bowdoin Group (Wellesley, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

I began the interview process at a the company's networking event, from there I was emailed a week later for a Skype interview, then a behavioral analysis a week after that, and at last an in-person interview at the office with two senior members. Overall the process was a little over a month, and even though there are a lot of "hoops" to jump through, the talent acquisition team and senior leaders were friendly and straight-forward throughout the process. I did not receive an offer, but I was informed the final "stage" of the interviews was a presentation to senior board members.

Interview Questions

• "What is the first thing you do when I ask you to find a tech developer in the Boston area? Where do you go first?"   1 Answer