Bowers & Wilkins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bowers & Wilkins

3.4

National Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bowers & Wilkins (Redwood City, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Online application. I got a response with a request for availability for a phone call within two days. Moved forward to schedule a video conference hiring manager and then an onsite. Fast and friendly communication with the recruiter and sales team. A good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Typical sales questions on sales methodology/process, quota attainment, deal size, etc., fairly standard in that sense. The difficult question for me was whether I had experience in selling high-end audio and audiophile equipment. I do not.   1 Answer

Quality Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bowers & Wilkins (Redwood City, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

The process was well organized, needed information was well communicated by HR team. Very responsive to follow-up questions. HR was very good in keeping me informed of the progress after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How to work difficult people?   1 Answer

Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bowers & Wilkins (Redwood City, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Skype call with two people in different locations. The guy in L.A. was completely disinterested and disrespectful. Very much the stereotypical L.A. egomaniac. It was the worst interview I've had in twenty years.

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bowers & Wilkins (Redwood City, CA) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied online for the role and the recruiter, Olga Ocon, reached out to me for the initial call. She was very helpful in guiding me on what the interview process would be like and made me feel very comfortable about the whole process. During the interview process, I met with a few folks, I was asked to do a design exercise and present it to the team. Everyone I met was very friendly. Overall it was a good experience, unfortunately, they decided to move forward with another candidate.

Transducer Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bowers & Wilkins.

Interview

A long interview, it was really nice to see that they had obviously taken the time to read all of my CV and cover letter. The interview was fairly in depth with numerous background and technical questions covering various aspects of electroacoustics, psychoacoustics, and live sound. They seemed like a really nice set of people and very knowledgable, didn't get an offer but I had a 'one of them days' interview and made a few silly mistakes so for a company of their caliber I would of slightly worried if they had!

All in all I'd highly recommend.

Manufacturing Engineer Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bowers & Wilkins in January 2012.

Interview

Very quite town and company paid train and taxi. Some technical questions asked which were clearly to test academic knowledge as the information asked could easily be obtained from a single click on Google. A total of 2 interviews with the 2nd one being much more difficult, probably an exception as I was told it was very close between myself and another candidate.

Interview Questions

• 70% Personal questions and 30% technical, including questions on the problem they were facing and testing technical skills such as asking to draw graph to stress vs strain, melting point of steel approx.   1 Answer

Senior Transducer Eng Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southwater, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bowers & Wilkins (Southwater, England (UK)).

Interview

There were 5 interviews in total. After face-to-face (#4), they scheduled additional phone call. After that, they had two internal meetings to discuss the assessment. And the verdict was, because an experienced person is leaving the company, my current qualifications would not be sufficient to cover my proposed tasks AND compensate the company for their loss of expertise. Basically, they wanted me to be two people, one of whom has decades of experience building top quality loudspeakers. Why, this is not ridiculous at all! If you go for an interview at B&W, bring your brother from MIT if you have one, perhaps the two of you together would feet the B&W requirements for a single engineer. Advise to B&W: look up some palm trees, perhaps the expertise you looking for grows there?

Interview Questions

• Propose troubleshooting measures for coil overheating. Build a simple Comsol model, run it, and analyze the results.   Answer Question