Bowery Residents Committee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bowery Residents Committee

2.5

Social Work Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bowery Residents Committee (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Applied online, then recieved a call from the HR department within a week. Interviewed HR, and then they schedualed an interview with the program that same day. Interviewed with the program, and recieved an offer 2-3 days later.

Interview Questions

• How would you bring together the community?   1 Answer

Case Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bowery Residents Committee.

Interview

I had two interviews. During that time I submitted all required documents. I ad to assist with verification process. Overall the process was quick and painless.

Interview Questions

• The Interviews were based on my experience, expectation. Both Interviews were positive and enjoyable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Although I did not receive the Salary that I once made before the economy went down. It was acceptable to me due to the circumstances.

Case Worker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bowery Residents Committee.

Interview

I applied through my graduate program and was placed at a shelter under the BRC web. Then I was called to interview with the Assistant Director and eventuallly the Director and confirmed for the position. My job was through a school program though, so I can only speak for the process of applying for an internship or something of that nature.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with homeless populations? Would you have issues working with people of any particular background?   Answer Question

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bowery Residents Committee (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process consist of one interview with HR and one interview with the program director and four supervisor in a group setting. Afterwards you wait for HR to call you back for fingerprinting and background investigation. The process is very tedious for employment with a non profit screening is on the level of nearly FBI.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with substance abuse people?

A lot of what would you do if questions

Can you work with AVATAR   1 Answer

Program Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bowery Residents Committee (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

I saw the ad on Craiglist and applied on BRC website. It was an easy application. I was called a month later for a interview. The wait was not long and had my first interview. It was quick took no more than 20 minutes. Then I was scheduled an second interview the following week. The second interview was more in depth about who you are and your goals in the company. Then I was called two weeks after the second interview for a job at BRC.

Program Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bowery Residents Committee (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied via on-line. A week later I received a call from a supervisor from a program site. Interviewed with her and the director. Interview was about 20-30minutes. I received another call a week later for a more in depth interview. A week later I was called from HR with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and not a generic version.   1 Answer

Residence Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bowery Residents Committee (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

It begins with a group interview where you get to showcase your knowledge and skills then it moves into you and four or five supervisors who ask questions important to them.

Interview Questions

• How will I respond to a difficult client? How do I feel about working in a team? How do I feel about traveling from Manhattan to the Bronx and Washington Heights? How important is safety to you?   1 Answer

Employment Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bowery Residents Committee.

Interview

Be wary of this company the HR department is disorganized. I applied to an online listing for a position as an employment specialist. A few days later I recieved a call from HR detailing the specifics of the position. I confirmed I was interested and scheduled an interview. During my first interview I was informed that the position was in the Bronx despite the listing stating it was in Manhattan and the previous call from HR failed to mention said Bronx location. I informed them I was still interested because the commute would still be convenient for me. I was offered a second interview with the program director and chose a date that was offered by the interviewer. I reported to the second interview and was informed that 1) I would not be meeting with the program director as informed 2) the position was filled a week before I reported and that 3) the person with whom I was meeting with, Program Coordinator I believe, "had not previously seen my resume" yet a quick skim led her to believe I was qualified for a much lower position as an outreach coordinator. When I asked why I had not been informed that the positions had been filled prior to reporting she was unsure and attributed the lack of information to HR. I am unsure as to what trully happened but I am surprised at the lack of courtesy to inform me of this prior to the interview.

Homeless Outreach Interview

Interview

It was a group interview scheduled in the afternoon. It was a two step process, in which i spoke with one of the HR managers and then the Deputy Director.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical, mostly about your work experience   1 Answer

Community Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bowery Residents Committee (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

A month after applying - a brief phone interview followed by an in-person interview with a representative from HR on the 12th floor. Weeks later, an interview with the Assistant Director of the program. This interview was thorough and intense.

Expect 2-3 months to complete hiring process, as BRC will follow up with each reference and almost every detail on your resume. Their HR department is fairly slow at pushing people through the process.

Interview Questions

• Began with why do you want to work here/in this field, followed by a few questions regarding previous work experience, goals, and qualifications. Next was several role-playing/situation/"What would you do.." questions in crisis situations, situations with clients or coworkers. Also questions regarding actual times you've reacted in such situations in previous positions. The initial HR interview asks questions regarding the BRC company as a whole, so do your homework.   Answer Question