Bowlero Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bowlero Corporation (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interview process went well and was thoroughly covered. Everyone I interviewed with was extremely politeful and helpful. During my interviews, everyone made me feel welcomed and really appreciated my previous work and background.

Interview Questions

• What are you future plans with Bowlero Corp, if any?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bowlero Corporation in December 2018.

Interview

Initial conversation with Corp recruiting Manager.
    A description of company was provided along with job description.
    Interview with Sr Director, a description of types of projects was reviewed.
    Both interviews were conducted extremely professionally, but with a very congenial and personal attitude.
    From the start of the process I was made to feel very important!

reviewed job description,

Interview Questions

• 1. Why was I leaving current position.
      2. Type of projects I've completed previously.   1 Answer

Jan 30, 2019 – HR Specialist

So glad you are happy with your choice to join Bowlero Corp! We are lucky to have you.

Web Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bowlero Corporation (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I was first given a phone call from their HR team outside of NY. The woman on the phone was very nice and gave a very lengthy history of Bowlmor and their mission. It was difficult to find a perfect time to start talking more about myself and why I would be a good fit. That interview lasted about half an hour. Then I was called again to set up an in-person interview, where I met with 3 members of the marketing team. The questions were mostly focused on whether or not I was comfortable with performing specific tasks or how I would handle specific situations that they are faced with. I had to re-introduce myself each time and they definitely expect a lot of questions from you.

Interview Questions

• If you were given two projects that are high-priority with the same deadline, but you know you can't possibly get both done on time, what would you do?   Answer Question

Applications Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mechanicsville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bowlero Corporation (Mechanicsville, VA) in January 2019.

Interview

My initial phone interview was with a recruiter who provided me with a background on Bowlero Corporation and an overview of the position for which I was being considered. The recruiter scheduled all of my interviews and constantly kept me up to date throughout the entire hiring process. The next interview was also a phone interview/conference call for me to speak with the CIO and four IT Managers. While the call included questions about my current work responsibilities and technical background, it was obvious from the panel's follow-up questions that they were trying to determine if I would be a good cultural fit at Bowlero. The final interview in the hiring process was an in-person interview at Bowlero's corporate office in Mechanicsville, VA with the same phone interview panel, the CIO and four IT Managers. During this interview, the questions pertained more to my management style as well as my conflict resolution experiences. Again, the panel's follow-up questions related more to my work personality and how I resolve issues within a team and on an individual basis. From the recruiter, who I interacted with most, to the current employees that interviewed me, everyone at Bowlero was very easy to talk to and very open about the work environment and the expectations at Bowlero. Compared to my other hiring experiences, Bowlero provided a much better opportunity for me to learn more about Bowlero and for Bowlero to learn more about me which is all that a job applicant could ask for in a hiring and interview process.

Interview Questions

• How to manage multiple projects that are all considered to be High priority?   Answer Question
    • If you have two High priority projects but you can only work on one project, how would you determine on which project to work?   Answer Question
    • Describe a work situation where you had to deal with a difficult co-worker or team member.   Answer Question

Jan 30, 2019 – HR Specialist

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! We believe in creating a dynamic work environment where talented and ambitious associates will thrive, and your feedback will help us to do that! We are... More

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bowlero Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very laid back and open. They made me feel relaxed and excited to be there. They had us play a game of Simon's says as a "ice beaker".

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a different situations under pressure? Give a example of when you weny out of your way for a guests?   1 Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bowlero Corporation (Richmond, VA) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied for the HR Specialist position online and got a call from their Corporate Recruiter the very next day to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was easy. I was asked about my past experience and other factors on my resume. I was asked what I knew about the company (luckily I used Glassdoor to research this information beforehand!) I was given a brief summary and a more detailed history of the company and how their mission statement sets the tone for the company and its employees. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked for my availability for an in-person interview at corporate. The in-person interview was the following week with two members of HR and they asked similar questions and also asked for salary requirements. I received an offer a few days later and I gladly accepted!

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bowlero Corporation (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2019.

Interview

For me the process was longer due to my previous work schedule, my location, and the holiday season. I had a phone interview, then an interview with an area manager, then and interview with senior level management, and I was given the opportunity to visit a location and meet/interview with the area manager. Everyone I spoke with were amazing!

Interview Questions

• Basic industry questions about experience and education.   Answer Question

Feb 21, 2019 – HR Specialist

Anonymous Employee in Wheaton, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bowlero Corporation (Wheaton, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

My initial interview was over the phone with an HR rep, then an in person interview with a district manager and the same HR rep. I submitted a back ground check once an offer was made and accepted, then a drug test at the location I was training. 3 weeks of training with a senior general manager followed by a 5 week CORE course. 2 weeks at Bowlmor time square, 2 weeks at your home center followed by 1 week in texas.

Interview Questions

Bowlero Corporation Response

Nov 12, 2018 – HR Specialist

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bowlero Corporation (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Started with phone Interview then 2 sit down. The process took time but definitely made sure your answers were given. They gave me the time to ask any and all questions. I liked that they talked about what I wanted in the future.

Interview Questions

Bowlero Corporation Response

Oct 1, 2018 – HR Specialist

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bowlero Corporation (Norwalk, CT) in December 2015.

Interview

I came from running multiple units and consulting to fixi troubled assets in high volume restaurants and nightclubs in the top markets of the U.S. so being a GM was a step back. However, while interviewing with the CEO and trying to convince him why I should oversee numerous properties, Tom listened and then explained. He shared that it’s a unique business and that the only way to truly learn is to run a property. That was not what I wanted to hear. It was a pay cut for me but the opportunity seemed limitless. After 20 years of experience and being highly recognized in my career, Tom was right. I never knew the bowling and amusements business was so intricate. And he lived up to his word. After almost 2 years as a GM, I developed my team to be promoted so I could be as well. I was able to share my lessons in training before being promoted to a DM position.

It’s a lengthy process in the beginning to be a manager You will take a test, speak to HR, a DM, a GM and the RVP and CEO for a GM position. I was not prepared for the length of time, but it’s for good reason. If you make it through the process, you are committed to overcoming challenges. There are a lot of moving parts in this business, and you will be challenged like you have never been before. It’s not for everyone.

Many in upper management took steps back in their career to start and grow into a higher role. It’s a sacrifice we all make to have a chance at approaching our responsibilities from an entrepreneurial perspective. That’s not something that every company offers.

I had my challenges in the interview process, but it needed to happen to prove I could thrive in this culture.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read and what did you learn.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bowlero Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

This is a shady company, I interviewed for a General Manager position.mwhen asked my salary requirements I told them and expects bonus, they seemed fine with it, no hesitations on there part. Then I did a peer tour. They were very excited to have me, the next day they called with an offer.mhowever the offer was for AGM and 18,000 less then discussed. So I said thank you but I will decline. Then imrecieved an ugly email from corporate office. Very strange, after that email I knew I made the right decision. Run form this place...

Negotiation

Hahaaa, They don't negotiate at all. Very strange, I guess they want there managers to have poor negotiation skills.