Bowlmor AMF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.2

Server/Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bowlmor AMF (Bakersfield, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Everything was done online. 2 weeks after I applied I got an email saying that I was selected for an interview. The interview was group, we all took turns sharing our stories about our customer service experience.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bowlmor AMF (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

They encourage you to apply online. I filled out an online application. I got a call to set up an interview. I got interviewed by 2 managers. They asked me questions about my work experiences and the seasonal job. I got asked to come back again for another interview. The second interview was the same as the first. Questions and they try to push other positions on me, which I have no experiences in. The asked me if I filled out an application online. I said that I did. How else they got my contact information? One of the managers held it against me about my other job. I reapplied and got a background check application a month later. After I filled it out, I got an email from the manager (not a phone call). He asked if I work full time at the seasonal job. I explained him again that I work seasonal with a couple of days to go. I told him the dates I'm working & when I'm through for the season. Then he emailed back no asked when is the next time I'm off. I mentioned the dates I was working, which is 3 dates, and the days I'm off on the last email.

Event Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bowlmor AMF (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

HR reached out to me for a phone interview which consisted of pretty basic questions, then I went in and met with the senior sales manager up to the VP of sales. At the end of the day, I followed up but did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Past experience
      Salary requirements
      Sell me bowling party
      Describe a time you fixed a problem
      Goals and quotas   Answer Question

Sales Audit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bowlmor AMF (Mechanicsville, VA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to set up an interview. The recruiter was very helpful but that's where the positive experience ended. I had a weird vibe when I got there. It was clear the woman interviewing me knew nothing about my qualifications or resume, even though it was right in front of her. She was under the impression that I was transitioning from HR. (I've never worked in HR btw) The interview questions were very basic and predictable. The manager who interviewed me seemed drained and had absolutely zero energy or personality. She looked as if she didn't want to be there. Halfway through the interview I knew I was not longer interested in this position or company. I was asked in for a second interview but declined.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bowlmor AMF.

Interview

For the most part it was a basic interview process (professional dress and 15-20 minutes per interview), I got interviewed by 3 different individuals on three different days. Overall, the entire process took about a week.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bowlmor AMF (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very laid back and open. They made me feel relaxed and excited to be there. They had us play a game of Simon's says as a "ice beaker".

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a different situations under pressure? Give a example of when you weny out of your way for a guests?   1 Answer

Lane Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bowlmor AMF (Wilmington, DE) in August 2016.

Interview

I showed up on time to my interview when requested both times. The hiring manager came out of the office late. First a worker came out and showed me around the center before anything happened. He repeated questions but didn't give me any real answers to the questions I personally had. He lacked explanation of the things going on. He was late almost every time he asked me to come back in for a follow up. The management was very rude to myself and to the workers.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bowlmor AMF.

Interview

Very thorough process and pleasant. The process includes a walk through at a location with other managers, whom are very helpful and willing to show the tricks of the trade to potential new employees. The process may also include an interview with the company's CEO.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation with an employee and how did you resolved it?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bowlmor AMF (Sacramento, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was short and simple. Not structured or behavioral, just asked questions about knowledge. IT was a causal conversation and they made me feel comfortable. I spoke to the VP first and then the Director contact me to provide a more detailed interview.

Interview Questions

• What does your day look like?
      Tell me about about your most difficult investigation?   Answer Question

Porter, Lane Server, Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bowlmor AMF in June 2016.

Interview

Group interview, seated 3-5 minutes before scheduled interview time, doors were closed and the meeting started exactly on time, introduced ourselves, then got in groups of two and had to sell the other person to management. We were told the candidates that would be continuing the hiring process will be contacted within 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself   Answer Question
    • What position are you applying for   Answer Question
    • When was the last time you went bowling, and what was your score   Answer Question
    • You have 5 minutes to get to know the person next to you. When we return you will be selling your partner to us for hire.   Answer Question