Box Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

3.1

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Box (New York, NY).

Interview

Introduced through a external recruiter. Initial phone interview with an internal recruiter. Second phone interview with sales manager. Email sales exercise (2-3 sample sales emails). In person interview with 4-5 people on sales team. Last step is phone interview with head of sales for company.

Customer Success Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Box (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was comprised of 2 phone interviews, one with the hiring manager and one with the recruiter for the position, and then a Google Hangout with 4 customer success managers. Before the Google Hangout, I had a written exercise to complete and was given instructions for a presentation to give during the hangout. Overall, the interview process was pretty simple and everyone was very friendly and super helpful. However, the process was drawn out for a very long time.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer a more creative or more strict environment?   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Box (Redwood City, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very professional. Nice people, and smooth process. Had a chance to talk to several people after the on-site which went well, including VP of Engineering and also the CEO. I had several competing offers and they matched several times during the process.

Interview Questions

• We spent 1 hour going into the details of my pas projects.   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Box (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

telephone screening round after that technical call , initial interview ask for basic questions like diff between call and apply, what is stack and q , how does a website works ? your background , why are you changing the job etc

Interview Questions

• write a event handler in JS ,what happens when you type some website on browser ?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Box.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn and proceeded to set up a phone screen with a second recruiter. The phone call was pretty casual and straightforward. The recruiter was very nice and helpful the entire time. Unfortunately, we both realized it was not a good fit and I did not proceed to the next round.

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Box (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Box is an incredible company and the interview process proved that they are efficient and take the time to know every individual in order to determine how they will fit with the company. The interview process took a total of 3-4 weeks starting with 2 phone screens with a recruiter, a 30 minute call with a sales manager, followed by a 2.5 interview round robin process with 5 interviews with different teams members and lastly, a 30 minute call with the director of sales/strategy. My recruiter was excellent at preparing me for each interview and each conversation was free flowing and in depth with my past experience.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Box (Redwood, OR).

Interview

Process took almost two months between applying online to the final interview panel. This extended timeline was drawn out further by it often taking more than three days to schedule appointments. These delays in scheduling added a lot of stress on my end since my weekly calendar fills up very quickly. After a short remote technical screen the onsite portion was broken into two half day interview panels spread out over a couple weeks. The panels were well selected to represent a cross section of the many stakeholders for the role.

Interview Questions

• Find sum of all numbers divisible by 5 or 7 from one to 100   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

I had a phone screen with the cofounder and one of his questions for me was, "what do you know about me?" It was a major turn off for me that some could be so egotistical right out the gate. Very quickly figured out that it wasn't a place for me. I told my recruiter not to proceed should they want next steps.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Box (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

There is an initial phone screen with a recruiter. Base on your performance in the initial screen you will have a second call with the hiring manager. Based on your call with the hiring manager you will be invited on-site to interview with four current employees, one being the hiring manager you spoke with prior. The on-site takes two and a half hours to complete during business hours. After the on-site marathon, you will reach the final step, which is an in-person or hangout interview with the director.

Interview Questions

• Can you please use the whiteboard to explain one of your hobbies to me? Teach it in a way you would teach someone with no prior knowledge or exposure to the subject.   Answer Question

Demo Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Box (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly standard, comprising two phone screens, a technical assessment, and an on-site interview with a handful of people spanning several teams at Box, and lasting around 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• The on-site interview required thinking through a real-world use case, imagining how a potential customer of Box might integrate the platform into their existing processes.   Answer Question