Box Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Box Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2017

3.1

Senior Engineering Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Box in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on Linkedin and Had phone screen. Phone screen interview lasted for 45 minutes. Interviewer was friendly and said she enjoyed speaking with me.Unfortunately did not get selected for further interview process.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about your self.
      2. What challenges did you face and how did you handle them?
      3. Describe the hardest project you have worked on.
      4. What are the gaps in program management skill you want to enhance in your new role?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Box (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was excellent. The recruiter and hiring manager we're timely with their responses, and helpful every step along the way. All interviews were done over the phone or a video chat. I interviewed with the recruiter twice, hiring manager twice, and three current SDRs back-to-back over a Google Hangout session.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize tasks?   Answer Question
    • What five questions would you ask a potential customer who you're attempting to sell our products?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Box (Redwood City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews (one with recruiter one with hiring manager). Two rounds of in person interviews with 4-5 people at each interview. Every one was very nice and they asked challenging questions. However, I felt that only a handful of the interviewers asked questions that truly allowed me to highlight my skills, abilities and potential.

Interview Questions

• How have I used analytics to help a business leader make a decision.   Answer Question

Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Box (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

A recruiter from Box reached out to me and we set aside some time to talk. The process consisted of that first conversation with the recruiter, a conversation with the team manager, and then an onsite with a majority of the team where I spent about 45 minutes with two members at a time. The entire process itself spanned over seven business days. Two days later I received a verbal offer which was followed by a formal offer.

Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Box (Redwood City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quick, efficient and well managed and communicated I was never left in the dark about anything. I started the interview process with a Monday phone screen and throughout the rest of the week at two more phone screens. I was at Box for an onsite interview that next Wednesday. Everyone was very nice when i was there and I could tell they went out of their way to make my time there comfortable. They even fed me! After my interview I heard back with an offer two days later. Everything was 1st class about the experience. Choosing Box over some competing offers that I had was a no brainer.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Box (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter and had a prelim. phone screen. I was then referred to a sales recruiter who was my point of contact throughout the process. I had an interview onsite, where I met with two AEs and a manager. During my second onsite, I prepared a 30/60/90 presentation with the VP of Sales. I had a third onsite visit with my would-be manager, followed by a final phone interview with the new Director. Lots of interviews - but, they're building out the Emerging team in Austin, and I appreciated that they wanted feedback from so many different levels. The sales recruiter was fantastic, and kept me updated every step of the way. Overall, I truly enjoyed the experience - it was transparent and thorough. I really feel like they evaluate for the best possible fit.

Interview Questions

• Focus on sales process/style (how you currently run your business, how that aligns with Box process)
      Why Box?   Answer Question

Inside Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Box (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I enjoyed the interview process. It was a transparent process and all the individuals who I spoke with had a genuine love for working there. The process lined up with my expectations and everything that was accomplished was laid out from the get-go. All in all, this was a great interview process.

Interview Questions

• How do you uncover new opportunities?   1 Answer
    • Name one deal that you uncovered and worked from start to finish.   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Box (Redwood City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through a referral, got a call immediately:

Five rounds of Interviews in 12 days
    1. Phone screen with recruiter
    2. Phone screen with team member
    3. Phone screen with team lead
    4. Phone screen with recruiter
    5. All day in person with 7 1:1 interviews

I was turned down after having to take 3 days off work and a crazy amount of time investment due to them wanting someone with Cloud experience. I don't have cloud experience and that was noted in interview one. So overall a complete waste of time on both ends and I don't know why they progressed passed interview number 1 if that was the criteria.

Interview Questions

• General question on experience   1 Answer

Corporate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Box (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone call with the lovely amazing recruiter Anna Schernig to start where she lays out the whole process. You then have a phone call with a hiring manager prior to bringing you in for a two hour in-person where you are interviewed by four different hiring managers. Last interview is an intense 30-60-90 to the director of sales showing your sales knowledge. Be sure to prepare if you want the job. Anna is an awesome resource from start to end, and shows she cares about you as a person and not just a lead. Great sign of an amazing culture at Box.

I got the offer, and it was the hardest no I have ever given. Another very well known company in San Francisco upped their offer significantly after hearing about the offer at Box. Wasn't looking to negotiate based on offers, but when I told them I was going to take the Box offer I received a call from my new companies director offering too much to say no to. Maybe in the future Box...

When I am a CEO, I am hiring Anna Schernig as a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What sales training or certifications have you gone through?   1 Answer
    • Tell a story of a deal where you had to overcome objectives   Answer Question
    • How do you sell value over price   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Box (Redwood City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen was very casual, he did not really ask me about my background or anything related to the position. I received an email (calendar invite) next day for scheduling phone interview with the manager. I picked a few time slots and submitted my request. I never received a confirmation so I followed up with the recruiter and he never wrote me back. I would not want to work for a company that treats candidate this way. I felt very insulted. This company really need to improve recruiting process and provide professional training to rude and immature recruiters.