Box Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.3

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Emea User Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Box (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First contact from the RecruitmentManager was 2 days after applying. The week after that, a phone interview with the Director of Customer Success. A very positive feedback was received the day after, with a request of availability for a further phone interview with another member of the Customer Success team. That interview went fine (in all cases, it was some generic chat about my previous experiences and difficult situations, together with informations about theie structure). Again, the day after the interview a very positive feedback with an invitation to go onsite for one last round of interviews (3 individual ones with the Director and 2 other members of the team, plus a presentation in front of the 3 of them showing a 30-60-90 days plan and a demo of their product). Meanwhile, the Recruitment Manager changed company, so flight was arranged with the Ops Manager. The interview went fine, really nice people, they made me feel very comfortable, as we were ready to work together. At the end, I asked about deadlines, and was informed that 48 hours should be enough to tell me something.
    I received an email right then, with expenses reimboursement instructions and a further brilliant feedback, which made me think it was just a matter of time and contract conditions, for us to work together.
    Then communication stopped being so fluent, I asked for updates twice by email and once by phone, then I received a mail from the new Recruitment Manager who wanted to arrange a call to provide feedback. He never participated in the interview process, he read feedback which stated that I showed some weaknesses in some areas, and of course he could not give me more details, simply because he just joined the company, not his fault.

Very weird how things changed from being the company I was dreaming of, to the company that interrupted relations with a total absence of information about the reasons that put an end to the process.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst situation you faced as manager?   Answer Question
    • Did you created that process you mentioned it was in use in your previous role?   Answer Question

User Services EMEA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Box (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process is long but well thought. A product demo and a presentation was requested. The negative part was that I was never allowed any time to ask any questions and I was also not given proper feedback when finished with all the stages of the interview. I went up to last stage.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Box (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Really strange pointless interviews. First was your typical phone call with an internal recruiter - asking the usual "qualification" questions to see if you're a fit. Next was a call with teh sales manager - he came across very egotistical and a bit of a wideboy come Essex geezer. Next were the face to face interviews with the head of sales UK - he seemed ok, the interview was more of a chat. Next was the face to face interview with the sales manager who I had a call with previously - i was unimpressed that he was x20 minutes late to a 30 minute interview and he also seemed clueless about the complex sales process, had no idea about the sales strategy and then got up and left. In fairness the internal recruiter did come running in and apologise for his behaviour - but sadly the damage was done. Seriously! This is how you recruit people...!?

Interview Questions

• The usual - tell me why you want to work for box? Tell me about yourself...   Answer Question

Sales Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Box (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a 30 minute call for an EMEA Director of Sales Development role where I was dismissed after 20 minutes and told that whilst they enjoyed the conversation with me, despite by 10 year career in sales development leadership within tech and enterprise software, there was no way I could be considered on account of not being a graduate. When I asked why a telephone interview had been requested of me (when me not going to university was obvious in my CV right from the start) the answer I received was "curiosity" which is not respectful of my time. A bizare experience to be excluded from a senior management position for academic choices I made when I was 19.

Deal Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Box (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process lasted about 1 month. The first interview was with HR, a short call about the role. Second interview was with the hiring manager, over phone. And then I was invited at the office, for another round of 3 interviews. I was told they are thinking of adding an extra interview, with the team in US. I received good feedback from all interviewers and waiting for HR to set up the next call. Then I didn't receive any update and I noticed the job was taken off the website. I went back to ask HR for updates and she said they offered the job to another candidate. It was little transparency and very unprofessional towards the end of the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of quarter ends and how to you handle the pressure   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Box (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process is composed by phone and on site interviews.
    I had 3 phone interviews ( Senior Customer Advisor, Recruiter and Customer Success Manager).
    After the 3 calls i was invited to attend another interview session at their office in London. The recruiters shows you around the office and then takes you to a meeting room where you will have 3 1:1 interviews. The first interviewer was a possible future coworker, then the Head of Customer Success Management and finally the Customer Success Manager you already talked to on the phone.
    After the interviews you will be asked to analyze a business case (type of company, number of employees ecc) and to demonstrate your presentation and oral skills, showing how a company could use Box to implement its efficiency (i suggest you to download and play a bit with the Biz free trial version of Box).

Interview Questions

• Phone: They go through your CV and want to see how committed and interested are you to the Box cause. They really want to understand what you can bring to the team in terms of work skills but mostly they want to make sure that you are a good cultural fit and that you embrace the company philosophy.   1 Answer

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Box (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

It was pleasant and well structured in the beginning but then got completely dissolved. Had couple of calls and feedback in between but no follow up after even though there was meant to be a third round. It would have been helpful if they provided a constructive feedback after.

IT Premier Support Services EMEA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Box (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

3 interviews took place.
    - 1st was general with HR, over the phone
    - 2nd was with the Manage of the team, over the phone
    - 3rd was on site (four 1:1 interviews plus a demo)

Interview Questions

• - Demo on some features of Box
      - Why Box?
      - Behavioral questions
      - Where do you see yourself in 10 years time (tricky question / be prepared to answer this well else you might give a wrong impression)   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Box (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

- Applied online
    - 1st Stage: Reached out via email by recruiter to set up an initial screening call. Call lasted 30 minutes to briefly go over my experience, Why Box and the applied position, expected salary etc.
    - 2nd Stage: Screening call with Hiring Manager. Lasted about 30 minutes. Going over experience, what I can bring, my previous experiences that add value to the position applied.
    - 3rd / Final Stage: Invited to the office, to have 3 face to face interviews including the hiring manager. Lasted about 2 hours in total. Went through CV in depth on experiences, described the role and culture at Box, asked behavioural questions, and a lot of opportunity for you to ask questions about the role, Box and it's culture etc.
    - I thought the entire process went well, and didn't find any of the questions difficult. Just make sure you're prepared and ask the right questions about the role and culture at box.
    - A week after the final stage, recruiter called me to say they decided to go with somebody else as they had more years experience than me.

Overall, it was a great experience and the recruiter kept me informed at all times throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your greatest achievement? What can you bring to Box? Why Box? Why have you applied to this specific role and not a different role? Tell me what experiences you have that makes you believe you're the right person for this role? What would you say has been your biggest failure?   Answer Question

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

Interview

30 minute screening interview, culture based, fit, CV experience.
    On-site interviews with several employees - more technical, longer.
    Enjoyable interview, nice people, tour of the office.
    Some questions repeated, felt like I was being interviewed by 1st interview panel members at points.
    Great reviews of the company during interviews.