Box Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Box Sales Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

I had a phone screen with the cofounder and one of his questions for me was, "what do you know about me?" It was a major turn off for me that some could be so egotistical right out the gate. Very quickly figured out that it wasn't a place for me. I told my recruiter not to proceed should they want next steps.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Box

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Box (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had an initial phone screening with them, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, then attended a networking event on site, then I was given an assignment to be completed in time for my on-site interview with the manager and three members of the team, finally a last phone interview with the director of the team at HQ.

Overall an extremely pleasant interview process. There was not a lot of grey area for me as to whether or not things were moving in the right direction. They are looking for motivated, hard-working people who work well in a highly collaborative environment and enjoy the team structure. If that's you, then it will be a very natural process. They really know what they're looking for and want to make sure you're it. The content and questions asked were not difficult, mostly behavioral/situational questions to see whether or not you're going to be a good fit with the company culturally. They really invest in their people and that is evident in the way they interview. The process moves pretty quickly once you start interviewing. Took me about three weeks total before I was made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you persevered when others gave up?
      If you were on a sales floor with 600 other people doing the same job, how would you stand out?

Lots of situational questions to see how you think on your feet and to get a feel for your personality.
      Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Met with several sales people and then HR. Overall the interview process was excellent, professional, on time and sufficiently challenging. I got a great vibe from the place and everyone seemed excited and happy about working at Box. I thought the office environment was excellent, upbeat, modern and hip without being too dot-com-y. Overall, it seemed like a terrific company.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your colleagues started feeling like the company was tanking?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Recruiter contacted me a few weeks after applying on web. Setup phone screen a couple days later and then f2f interview scheduled. Couple questions asked by interviewer. Appeared they had many candidates they were interviewing in person. Contacted within week that another candidate was selected. Process was quick and by the book. Nothing out of the normal.

Interview Questions

• None that come to mind. Standard software selling questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Box (San Francisco, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Two month interview process with lots of gaps in between next meetings. Started with an interview with the sales recruiter followed by a phone conversation with the hiring manager. After a few weeks of no communication F2F with the hiring manager and eventually a trip to San Francisco to meet with a bunch of Junior Reps, the VP of Sales, and a presentation in front of 1-4 people. It reminded me of pledging a fraternity only much more disorganized and unprofessional. If they want to hire you they will close you during the visit, if not you will get a canned email response the next day. Seemed like a waste of company money to me, perhaps they have an interview quota.

Anonymous Employee in Los Altos, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Box (Los Altos, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screen then a phone interview with hiring manager. If you pass that you come in for an onsite interview. You meet with 3-4 people (1 manager, a person in the role and then maybe a director or hire up sales figure). A decision is made pretty quick after that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Box (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Incredibly nice people. First interview was with recruiter. Second was with the sales manager, and finally a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Name something quirky about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Box (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Very organized. Recruiters are pretty professional. Questions were well thought out and respectful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Box (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Contacted by sourcer on 1st of month. 2nd interview, phone screen by a recruiter on the 6th. 3rd interview, phone screen with VP on 10th. 4th interview didn't happen until the 21st. Way too long between Veep call and in person interview. 38 days after 1st contact, was rejected.

All told, unimpressed. 1st: place packed tighter than ants. Desks on top of each other, with management performing confidential work in the open view of whomever is passing behind. 2nd: Loud, not just a lot of energy, the place is LOUD. Very disruptive environment due to its highly open nature. 3rd: No one on the front desk. I had to email the recruiting manager to say I'd been waiting 10 minutes. In the meantime, probably 60 people passed by/through the lobby. No one stopped to ask if I had been helped.

VP was nice, Director insightful. The recruiting team is a bit full of themselves - very proud of what they built, but too deep in the trees to see what isn't working. Poor follow up and candidate management. 16 days passed after my in person interview, and I had to close the loop with the Director and VP. Finally got the official notice from the recruiter 38 days after initial contact.

ADVICE #1: Hire an experienced recruiting manager to build a world class hiring program.
    ADVICE #2: Respect your candidates' time. Expedite the hiring process, schedule each step and communicate.
    ADVICE #3: Very clearly set expectations, and deliver commitments.
    ADVICE #4: Stick to the schedule laid out in #2 Make sure you follow through with every candidate.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Box.

Interview

very standard, nothing extraordinary: you will have a phone screen with the hiring manager first, then 1 onsite with about 4-5 people total. If they like you, they will consider you.
    Make sure you have an internal referee who can recommend you, it matters a LOT (maybe too much!).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very little room for negotiation. I've heard them rejecting people who have asked for too much $