Boy Scouts of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boy Scouts of America Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.4

District Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Interview

comfortable phone interview, very pleasant and then a face to face in office.
    Meeting with multiple people in a three step process. The envirornment was exciting and energetic and seemed to be at that level until the discussion of salary and then it became sort of somber and not as much energy, but the promise for quick growth made it more comfortable to discuss.

Interview Questions

• What brings you to the want to work for the Boy Scouts of America?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Providence, RI

Application

I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (East Providence, RI) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to come in for a face-to-face with three people. I arrived at the front desk and rang a bell to have someone come out to greet me. After telling them why I was there, she went into a room behind the reception desk that had multiple offices surrounding it. Suddenly, two of the people who would interview me appeared in the doorway of their offices. They started speaking loudly about going out socially the night before. I heard things like, "Were trying to get me drunk last night?", "You have two hands, might as well have a drink in each of them.", "Oh, you have interviews this week, that's why you're stressed out (then laughed)."

Knowing someone is sitting right outside listening, why would you have a discussion like that? Then after a few minutes the three people who were going to interview me came out and escorted me into the conference room. I found it off-putting that while I would answer their questions, they would look out the window or elsewhere. It was as if they didn't care what I had to say and just wanted to hurry up and move on. After answering a barrage of the usual questions (Name a time when you had to re-prioritize your work, etc.), I asked about the position and why the previous person left. The head interviewer got defensive and basically said the person left to go elsewhere and how they don't like having to deal with hiring new people because they're too busy to do that. You could have fooled me by what transpired while I was sitting in the waiting area. Then he finally told me about the job, which by his description was not as involved or interesting as what was posted online. He said it would be another week before they would finish the first round of interviews before choosing who they wanted to bring back for a second round.

I usually send an email after an interview, as is customary when you’re interested in a position. Considering how the people behaved and how low the salary was, I didn’t bother. I was contacted over a week later with a “sorry you didn’t get selected to come back” email. Trust me, I didn’t lose any sleep or shed any tears over it.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun when you're not working?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Rochester, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

This was the first interview. 20 minutes were scheduled and the hiring manager kept to the schedule. Even though it was short, it was productive, and I hope to receive a call for a second interview.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America in April 2017.

Interview

Three interviews. First with Camp Director, second with Camp Supervisor, and lastly CEO. All very personable and friendly. Was very impressed ! Before I met the CEO a reference check was complete.

Multiple Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America in September 2016.

Interview

Been through multiple interviews wanting to advance in the company. Haven't accepted any offers due to very low pay and having to move across the company.

For Supply Group it's very old school. You find a posting online and send a resume. That's it. Then a territory manager or another team lead (if it's a corporate job), or a store manager if it's a part-time store job will call you. Basic personality interview and don't really ask anything about the job you applied for.. a few days later the boss of who ever interviewed you will likely interview you again, same personality style questions.. a few days after that the original person will call with an offer.. you can't negotiate, it's a take it or leave it offer. You normally have to relocate and they will help you with a uHaul but that's about it

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

I met with two people for the first interview. Within 2-3 days I had scheduled another day of interviews with the Field Director and Chief Scout Executive. By the end of the week I had an offer. The process was very quick and smooth!

Learning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Interview

One, 1-hour phone interview followed by a round robin set of four face-to-face interviews with another candidate over the course of a few hours. Recruiter notified me several days later that the other candidate was selected.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior-based interview questions, for example, "Tell me about a time you had to cooperate with others to solve a problem."   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Portland, OR).

Interview

I was recommended to apply for the position. The manager and I had an informal one on one conversation. After submitting my application, I was formally interviewed with the manager and the assistant manager. Typical questions were asked and answered.

Field Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Interview

I had a phone interview after applying online followed by 2 face to face interviews. The first face to face was with my (future) supervisor, the next was with a panel of 3 people I would be assisting.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over the other applicants?
      How do you prioritize work?   Answer Question

Boy Scouts of America Response

Dec 28, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Thanks for your feedback.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Had 4 interviews. Process went quickly. I met with the District Director, Director of Field Service and then the Scout Executive. The interview was delayed a few times, then I was hired on the spot.