Boy Scouts of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boy Scouts of America Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2018

2.3

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Interview

Standard interview questions. They will search into your private life before the interview so be prepared for that. The boy scouts is a moralist company and will approach you about anything they consider contrary to their beliefs.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the company down the line?   Answer Question

Program Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Muncie, IN).

Interview

I had two interviews. I interviewed with the District Director as well as the District Executive. The interview was very laid back and both of the interviewers were genuinely interested in getting to know me as a person and trying to figure out how I could fit in the organization. Their response time was less than a week.

Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Interview

The camp was located in California and I was applying from Arizona so I was able to do a phone interview. The conversation lasted a little over half an hour.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any sea animal, what would you be and why?   Answer Question

District Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Interview

comfortable phone interview, very pleasant and then a face to face in office.
    Meeting with multiple people in a three step process. The envirornment was exciting and energetic and seemed to be at that level until the discussion of salary and then it became sort of somber and not as much energy, but the promise for quick growth made it more comfortable to discuss.

Interview Questions

• What brings you to the want to work for the Boy Scouts of America?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Providence, RI

Application

I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (East Providence, RI) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to come in for a face-to-face with three people. I arrived at the front desk and rang a bell to have someone come out to greet me. After telling them why I was there, she went into a room behind the reception desk that had multiple offices surrounding it. Suddenly, two of the people who would interview me appeared in the doorway of their offices. They started speaking loudly about going out socially the night before. I heard things like, "Were trying to get me drunk last night?", "You have two hands, might as well have a drink in each of them.", "Oh, you have interviews this week, that's why you're stressed out (then laughed)."

Knowing someone is sitting right outside listening, why would you have a discussion like that? Then after a few minutes the three people who were going to interview me came out and escorted me into the conference room. I found it off-putting that while I would answer their questions, they would look out the window or elsewhere. It was as if they didn't care what I had to say and just wanted to hurry up and move on. After answering a barrage of the usual questions (Name a time when you had to re-prioritize your work, etc.), I asked about the position and why the previous person left. The head interviewer got defensive and basically said the person left to go elsewhere and how they don't like having to deal with hiring new people because they're too busy to do that. You could have fooled me by what transpired while I was sitting in the waiting area. Then he finally told me about the job, which by his description was not as involved or interesting as what was posted online. He said it would be another week before they would finish the first round of interviews before choosing who they wanted to bring back for a second round.

I usually send an email after an interview, as is customary when you’re interested in a position. Considering how the people behaved and how low the salary was, I didn’t bother. I was contacted over a week later with a “sorry you didn’t get selected to come back” email. Trust me, I didn’t lose any sleep or shed any tears over it.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun when you're not working?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Rochester, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

This was the first interview. 20 minutes were scheduled and the hiring manager kept to the schedule. Even though it was short, it was productive, and I hope to receive a call for a second interview.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America in April 2017.

Interview

Three interviews. First with Camp Director, second with Camp Supervisor, and lastly CEO. All very personable and friendly. Was very impressed ! Before I met the CEO a reference check was complete.

District Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

I met with two people for the first interview. Within 2-3 days I had scheduled another day of interviews with the Field Director and Chief Scout Executive. By the end of the week I had an offer. The process was very quick and smooth!

Learning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Interview

One, 1-hour phone interview followed by a round robin set of four face-to-face interviews with another candidate over the course of a few hours. Recruiter notified me several days later that the other candidate was selected.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior-based interview questions, for example, "Tell me about a time you had to cooperate with others to solve a problem."   1 Answer

Boy Scouts District Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy, some general customer service questions, meet with the local council CEO, meet with your district chairman and Commissioner. Aside from that it's just a standard onboarding interview process. If you truly want the job and you are qualified (graduated from a college with a 4 year degree in something) you shouldn't have any issues with the interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe employees should be held responsible for getting volunteers to complete tasks?   Answer Question