Boy Scouts of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2018

2.3

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Glen, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Cedar Glen, CA).

Interview

Really easy. Asked a couple of questions about kitchen saftey. I didn't know them so I said I would learn and get my food handlers card and I had the job by the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America in January 2011.

Interview

I sat, with many other Boy Scouts in a cold meeting room. After waiting twenty or so odd minutes, a large lumbering man by the named of Mark Keefer walked up and presented a warm handshake and smile. He need lead me to an office room we he asked me the standard questions. "Can you work well with others?, How messy would you describe yourself?, How well are you under pressure?"; those sorts of things. The whole process took about ten minutes, he said "Congratulations" shook my hand and told me to have a nice day.

Interview Questions

• How messy would you describe yourself?   1 Answer

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange Park, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Orange Park, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview, then a face to face with the director and his staff. He asked me several questions and told me about the position I was interviewing for and asked if I would be interested. We made a connection once I told him about my leadership skills and what I could offer him to make the camp a better experience for the kids enrolled in the camp experience.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Chief Financial Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Santa Ana, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Very professional, company was focused on a certain professional designation which was only listed as desired in the job description but when it came down to it, was required. Seems like a great opportunity and a great culture. Would have loved to have had the the chance to go further in the interview process.

Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

I did not interview for the job because I knew someone that was in charge of hiring so I was offered a job before I even knew I wanted to apply for it. Unfortunately I was at the right place at the right time amongst the right people.

Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2011.

Interview

Short, one on one interview. Questions were brief and to the point. Friendly atmosphere. Building tour. Overview of job responsibilities and dress code. The process took about 30 minutes. Plenty of opportunity to ask questions. Not a remarkably easy or difficult interview, no earth shattering questions. Showing your personality would be a good thing, relax and enjoy the conversation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging professional situation you have encountered? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Boy Scouts of America Response

Dec 28, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Thanks for your feedback.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Baltimore, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

It was not too difficult. Asked basic questions and wanted to know background information. Gave a rundown the position being interviewed for and what the expectations are. I would say it was an easy interview. It almost seem to be like a conversation which makes it a lot easier.

Learning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Interview

One, 1-hour phone interview followed by a round robin set of four face-to-face interviews with another candidate over the course of a few hours. Recruiter notified me several days later that the other candidate was selected.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior-based interview questions, for example, "Tell me about a time you had to cooperate with others to solve a problem."   1 Answer

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Scouts sent in their applications and the cream of the crop was asked to come in for an interview at the LAAC office. The best of those with an interview were then chosen for the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your merit badges.   1 Answer

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (San Rafael, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied after becoming a lifeguard. Had already been in contact with the interviewer so it was relatively easy. I was asked some basic behavioral questions life how would I describe myself and what is one of my greatest challenges.