Boy Scouts of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boy Scouts of America Interview Questions

2.7

Learning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Interview

One, 1-hour phone interview followed by a round robin set of four face-to-face interviews with another candidate over the course of a few hours. Recruiter notified me several days later that the other candidate was selected.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior-based interview questions, for example, "Tell me about a time you had to cooperate with others to solve a problem."   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

HORRIBLE!! DO NOT INTERVIEW WITH THIS COMPANY.. After four seperate interviews and a background check......only to be told they are going with someone else via US MAIL!!! Spent hours of time on a field interview only to not be given the position. What a waist of time. I believe it is racial discrimination as I am a Black male with a college degree in St.Loui MO.

Interview Questions

• If you had a puzzle name the pieces that would make your ideal job..   1 Answer

District Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America in January 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first was with general interview questions and the second included more people with more detail about the position. Overall it was a great opportunity to work.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Gravois Trails District Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

I first received a phone call from someone requesting to interview me. A few days later, during the interview process I was given a description of the duties of the district executive for the Gravois Trails District. I was also asked workplace scenario questions. I was then told I would receive a follow-up phone call, and/or an e-mail. I ultimately didn't get the job, but found out that no one who was interviewed was qualified enough; and that the job had been filled internally.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle yourself under pressure when you had to lead others?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Baltimore, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

It was not too difficult. Asked basic questions and wanted to know background information. Gave a rundown the position being interviewed for and what the expectations are. I would say it was an easy interview. It almost seem to be like a conversation which makes it a lot easier.

District Executive Interview

Interview

They reached out to me via email for a first, then second interview. I was asked to take a personality test after the first interview. I was also asked to submit an application to the national organization for approval before proceeding to the second interview. It was a pretty standard experience.

District Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Interview

Started with an online letter of interest. After several weeks, did a one on one interview with a field supervisor. Took a personality and passed an online personality test. A week or two later, I interviewed with a panel of volunteers from the district. Scheduled and interviewed with another field supervisor and the council director of field service. Finally, I interviewed with the council chief executive. Was told the next day that I was not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Want would you do if you were aware anther employee was cheating on his expense report?   1 Answer

District Executive - St Louis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Submitted resume online. Interviewed in person on a Monday. Interview went REALLY well, interviewer wanted to hire me on the spot, but had to "follow all of the rules" and told me to return to take a test. Returned on a Thurs to take a "personality" test. Test results showed I was not a good fit for the organization.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all about how to handle volunteers & how to solicit corporations for donations.   Answer Question

Marketing Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Interview

I apply this marketing internship through my school's career center. After few days, I get a phone call for the initial interview. The HR just asks me some questions based on my resume.

Chief Financial Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Santa Ana, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Very professional, company was focused on a certain professional designation which was only listed as desired in the job description but when it came down to it, was required. Seems like a great opportunity and a great culture. Would have loved to have had the the chance to go further in the interview process.