Boy Scouts of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2017

2.3

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Portland, OR).

Interview

I was recommended to apply for the position. The manager and I had an informal one on one conversation. After submitting my application, I was formally interviewed with the manager and the assistant manager. Typical questions were asked and answered.

Field Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Interview

I had a phone interview after applying online followed by 2 face to face interviews. The first face to face was with my (future) supervisor, the next was with a panel of 3 people I would be assisting.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you over the other applicants?
      How do you prioritize work?   Answer Question

Boy Scouts of America Response

Dec 28, 2015 – Human Resources Manager

Thanks for your feedback.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Had 4 interviews. Process went quickly. I met with the District Director, Director of Field Service and then the Scout Executive. The interview was delayed a few times, then I was hired on the spot.

Boy Scouts District Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

1st interview was with front line supervisors, 2nd with director and 3rd with CEO. Application was similar to filling out an SF-86 for a federal background. Interviews were very friendly. The whole process took over a month. They may contact people in your community as well they should, to see if you have the right reputation and disposition for this job which can be high profile.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you can lead a group.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Resume submission, phone screening, face to face group interview with management and current employees. Few hour process, took about a month to complete entire process from applying to accepting offer

Interview Questions

• How do you handle certain volunteers? How do you reach goals/ Time Management   Answer Question

COPE Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Omaha, NE) in May 2015.

Interview

one day. sat down, very laid back, just talked about school and what I've done, and what I'm interested in. a a a a a d d d d d d d d d d d d d d

Interview Questions

• how many days are you available this summer   1 Answer

Marketing & Communications Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doylestown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Doylestown, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was incredibly informal. I met with the Scout executive (council's CEO) individually. I was offered the job on the spot. Afterwards, there was a ton of paperwork to complete, including an application for a professional commission that needed to be processed by the national service center, but overall was a smooth interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

HORRIBLE!! DO NOT INTERVIEW WITH THIS COMPANY.. After four seperate interviews and a background check......only to be told they are going with someone else via US MAIL!!! Spent hours of time on a field interview only to not be given the position. What a waist of time. I believe it is racial discrimination as I am a Black male with a college degree in St.Loui MO.

Interview Questions

• If you had a puzzle name the pieces that would make your ideal job..   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Janesville, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Janesville, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

I emailed the hiring person directly and was interviewed the following week. The interview was professional and cordial and we 'hit it off' almost immediately. I highly support the values of this organization and it is an honor to work with them in a volunteer capacity.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

I spent almost 3 years trying to get a position as a district executive. The BSA generally hires people before an ad is ever posted online of to their site, so it is key to be proactive. They do a lot of internal hiring and as in most cases now, it is not what you know, it is who you know and who knows you. I applied to a total of 4 different councils before I received an offer. I applied online to three of the councils and nothing came from that. I did receive a phone interview from the Las Vegas council. I decided one day to do some networking and dropped off my resume to a council office and asked the secretary who a point of contact would be. From there I called and spoke with that individual a number of times about a position that they had opening up after about 3 weeks I was informed that they hired someone else from another state to fill the position. From there I did the same thing with another council and after a few emails and a phone call I received an opportunity to interview. A couple of days after the interview I was asked to come in for another interview. That time I meet with 3 senior management professionals and a couple of days later was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What is the purpose of Scouting? (Know the Scouting mission statement and the Scout Oath and Law)   Answer Question

Negotiation

None