Boy Scouts of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boy Scouts of America Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.4

District Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America in January 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first was with general interview questions and the second included more people with more detail about the position. Overall it was a great opportunity to work.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Irving, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Asked to draw out process flows during interview. Interview is normally done from a team. There will not be a single person to person interview. Be prepared to display your skill sets on the spot in front of the technology group. Be prepared to answer Technical and Functional questions to department Subject Matter Experts.

Interview Questions

• Can you deliver the product during a certain time frame?   1 Answer

District Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Interview

The interview process was quite smooth. Got a fast response for an interview. Started out with a panel interview then was called for an initial 1-1 interview. Afterwards, I was called for a second interview at which time I was then offered the position. The process was a bit tedious but they were very professional and was pleased how they were very selective of candidates.

Interview Questions

• Don't recall the specific questions, but do recall that they ask LOTS of questions. They really try to get to the personality of the person and they make it a point to be very upfront of what the job will entail including how demanding it will be. It really is no surprise once your hired because they are very open and honest initially about what it takes for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

salary was not negotiable.

District Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Interview

I was brought in for a first round interview. A few days later I was contacted to schedule a "field day" which is basically the second round of the interview process. You go out in the district with the supervisor and basically meet all of the other counterparts to your district that you would be working closely with. This is their opportunity to ask you questions (usually the same ones) and to see if they also like you. It is a very long and overwhelming day but it does allow you to learn more about the position.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle the stress, demands of the job, and the time away from your family?   Answer Question

A lot of job details did not match up from the first and second round of the interview process. If I would have been told the same information in the first round I would have never even schedule the field day. For example, in the interview they say you are not eligible for promotion until 2.5-3 years on the job, but sometimes they can make exceptions. In the second interview I was told you are not eligible until 3 years and then you will usually wait 1-2 years for a position to become available.

District Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Interview

After the initial testing and screening process I was put on a national list of eligible new hires. This was very frustrating because it gave no flexibility as to where I would be hired and instead made it so that I was pretty much forced to take the first position that came open. With that being said there were many, many open positions and I still sat on that list for 5 months even though I was willing to relocate to anywhere for the position.

Gravois Trails District Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

I first received a phone call from someone requesting to interview me. A few days later, during the interview process I was given a description of the duties of the district executive for the Gravois Trails District. I was also asked workplace scenario questions. I was then told I would receive a follow-up phone call, and/or an e-mail. I ultimately didn't get the job, but found out that no one who was interviewed was qualified enough; and that the job had been filled internally.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle yourself under pressure when you had to lead others?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2014.

Interview

You'll probably wait forever to hear from them and there's generally three interviews. Other than that, interview was laid back; like talking to a group of friends. Interviews are all group/panel.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you dealt with at a previous job?   Answer Question

District Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Interview

Applied online, went to the office and interviewed three times in the following order: DFS, Field Director, then Scout Executive. Nothing too crazy, pretty laid back. The final interview with the Scout Executive seemed more like a formality and him just welcoming me to the office. Was offered a position almost immediately thereafter by phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would reach these membership goals with these numbers in this area (the district in which I eventually was put in)   Answer Question

Development Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America (Orem, UT) in June 2014.

Interview

I had a job transfer. It was all done over the phone. generally in the Boy Scouts moves happen pretty quickly after and interview. You generally don't get an interview if they are joy already considering you. The Boy Scouts have a weird system in place to get an interview once you are working for them.

District Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boy Scouts of America.

Interview

First you do a word interview.
    Followed by interview with Direct or Field Service, Field Director, Scout Executive.

You will do 2 rounds of this type of process. They will ask for knowledge about scouts, which isn't a deal breaker but it helps.