Boys & Girls Clubs Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boys & Girls Clubs Development Manager Interview Questions

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

I was brought in for two interviews (they had to reschedule the first, however) to meet with various senior staff, and they offered me the job at the conclusion of the second. The salary was low, and when I asked about benefits, the offer was rescinded. I've never experienced something so shockingly unprofessional in my career and regret giving this organization the consideration that I did. Tread with caution.

Interview Questions

• "What makes you angry?" was, hilariously enough, the first question.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boys & Girls Clubs

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

The only advice I could give would be to ensure more complete understanding of the responsibilities involved and the follow up process if those goals are not being met along the way. Lay out how those steps will be implemented as part of a review process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here? Why did you [leave] your last job?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself. What do you do in your spare time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would describe the negotiation process as putting on a 'facade'. Every person wants what they believe they deserve. Meeting people in the middle is difficult when there are so many talented people looking for work. Hiring managers could use a 'salary bracket' and depending on performance, follow up accordingly so employees and managers are encouraged to do their best and have an incentive to choose one job over another. If they believe they have what it takes then they can earn that higher salary (or benefits, ect.) within the allotted amount of time. With the talent pool so large and multitudes of competing interests, including families and children, it is no wonder hiring managers have an incredible depth to traverse and explore.