Boys & Girls Clubs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2018

2.4

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Eau Claire, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview over the phone. The interview was pretty basic with questions like "why do you want this job" "tell me about yourself" etc. The majority of the interview was spent going over how things work there, and a tour of the facility. She then described the job and what it was going to be like to see if I was still interested.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Boston, MA).

Interview

Many staff involved in the process. Hands on interaction with youth part of the interview. Several interviews - four - before given a job offer. Interview seemed subjective and completely based on the personalities and interests of hiring manager. Same questions asked repeatedly. Lots of questions on what I could bring to the team. Not many questions about my educational background.

Interview Questions

• What's your vision for yourself in 5 years?
      What new ideas would you bring?
      What are examples of working on a team setting?   Answer Question

Interview

I was directed towards Vitality Vending by my University, and joined the team there after an in-person interview with the career program employee of my school and a phone interview with the owner of Vitality Vending.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and knew a staff that worked there so it made everything easier. Called for a interview in 3 days and was interviewed by 2 people. Very easy questions so nothing should be hard, just know the job description and you're good.

Interview Questions

• What new program would you be able to add to the club ? How would you do that   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Bentonville, AR) in January 2009.

Interview

Smooth and easy going.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They start at minium wage.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Fairfield, OH) in March 2009.

Interview

i was interviewed

Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

The Local board conducted the interview. First with interview committee, then full board after the final cut. They narrowed the 20 applicants to 5 interviews and selected the final candidate from there.

Interview Questions

• How will you raise reliable funding sources that will be ongoing?   Answer Question

Chief Information Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied for the position online. I received a telephone interview request within a few days of applying. The interview was supposed to be an hour long but thirty minutes in to the interview I was told I could continue with the phone interview or that she could send me an email to have me answer the rest of the questions. I was taken aback by this sudden change since we hadn't really discussed my qualifications or the details of the position but I could tell she was ready to get of the phone. When I called back to ask if I needed to complete the questions I had already answered I was told that they already had everything they needed and didn't need to answer any additional questions. I would consider the interviewer to be rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• I never got to the question and answer session of the interview.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Glendale, AZ) in August 2010.

Interview

Normal interview and called to confirm I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • How did you hear about us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Site Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonds, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Edmonds, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

I received a call to set up an interview. When I showed up for the interview I tried handing the interviewer a copy of my resume and cover letter, but she refused them and put her hands up in the air and waved them. She told me to save the papers for my files. She had me interview in a room with no solid door and with about 20 kids in the next room and I could hardly hear her. Towards the end of the interview the interviewer informed me that the director job pays $10.00 to $11:00 per hour. I lost interest for the position at that point as fast food jobs in the area pay more. For the amount of responsibility the wage is way too low.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with making $10.00 to $11.00 per hour?   4 Answers