Boys & Girls Clubs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boys & Girls Clubs Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.4

Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

It was pretty simple. They asked several questions and everyone was friendly. I found the job posting through their website then called to ask about the interviewing and application process.

Interview Questions

• How do you discipline a child?   1 Answer

Lead Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

Was given a test prior to interview. Test consisted of high school level math and english. After that I was interviewed by a 2 person panel which lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Program Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

First there was a short fifteen minute phone interview, followed by an in person interview 1.5 weeks later at the location of the job with the supervisor of the position

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Interviewed with the person who'd be my supervisor. The interview was relaxed and warm; my boss was really genuine and has really high hopes for the program. I was interviewed at the club, so I also had to interact with the children (they do this in purpose to make sure that you can deal with the children and still be able to do your work)

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you demonstrated independence and initiative   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

Very quick almost too speedy. The interview felt rushed and there wasn't really a formal offer made just kind of assumed that I got it. Afterwards I began on boarding right away and was thrown in with absolutely zero training.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (New York, NY).

Interview

I found the interview process unreasonable. After a phone interview, I was given three days to review a poorly written 20 page document on their strategic plan and then write a 10 minute presentation on my recommendations, and review and provide feedback to their newsletter. The interview consisted of the presentation, an hour or so of behavioral interviewing and then a forty minute writing exercise. I think two of the three (presentation, newsletter, and/or writing sample) would have been a bit extreme, but acceptable. On a good note, it did help me understand that culture at BCGA was not what I was looking for.

Youth Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

Very detailed and consice. They make sure that you have a passion for working with youth. They try to be as professional as they can. In my case I got hired the day I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Do you know any techniques to calm down students?   1 Answer

Academy Services Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Relatively a long process in relation to the low hours and pay for the position. 2 to 3 days after submitting my CV, I got a call from the company asking for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I had to go in for a test--50 multiple choice questions on literacy (basic reading comprehension, spelling, and grammar) , algebra (basic algebra, would be helpful if you recap some of the very basic formulas) and ability to assist (hypothetical situation questions)--You have to get 85% in each part in order for you to be qualified for the job. If you don't pass, you are automatically disqualified for the position. After passing the test, I went to another location to have an in-person interview. The interviewer briefly explained about the services and duties for the position and went through a set of questions. She read each question and wrote down what I said. I wished there was more natural conversation during this process. The process felt really robotic and felt under pressure because you do all the talking.

Interview Questions

• One student keeps disrupting a group tutoring session. What would be your short and long term solutions for this situation.   Answer Question

Unit Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Boise, ID).

Interview

Had the interview with the director and programs manager. Both were very friendly and engaged in the questioning. Initially they said it was a casual interview, although the 4 pages of questions seemed otherwise. There were personal questions about experience, situational questions, leadership questions and questions about what you would do in the position. We clicked, and although I did not get the job due to giving it to someone internal, I enjoyed the process and they made it much easier.

Youth Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (San Bernardino, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Two interviews, one in a group and another independent. Very easy just described the expectations. Took one test to see your math and English skills. They work with school schedules.

Interview Questions

• What is one game that you'd invent with a basketball that is also educational?   Answer Question