Boys & Girls Clubs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2018

2.4

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Charlottesville, VA) in April 2018.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview first with a program assistant. After the phone interview, I had an hour in person interview with the director. I was also given a tour of the facilities. I really appreciated the organization and the quickness of this company in the hiring process. Everyone I have met has seemed genuinely excited about their positions and working with children. I would highly recommend applying with this company.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experience working with children   Answer Question
    • How do you keep children in your care, safe?   Answer Question
    • What are your goal or aspirations in the next few years?   Answer Question
    • Describe something that you dislike about your current job.   Answer Question
    • If you were to be hired, what types of actives would you want to facilitate?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

The phone interview went very well and it was really easy to talk to the interviewer. She mostly asked me to expand on things found on my resume! Suggested that I look at two other positions that she felt matched my qualifications.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Milpitas, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online and it was a simple process. They asked for a cover letter and resume. I received a response within a week and that was great. I was called in for an interview and upon my arrival everything seemed great. The interview was going well and we were organically talking and sharing information. One of the two interviewers gave me a 45 minutes background of what they predict for the role and I was able to add some input. They were happy I had taken the time to read their strategic plan online. One of the interviewers had to leave and I continued with the other. The entire 2 hours felt more like a training than an interview and I didn't mind at all; I assumed they liked my background and we hit it off.

Two weeks and three unanswered emails later I get a call with an offer; she asked me if we had discussed salary and I said no. We didn't discuss anything. I had emailed a couple of times thanking them for the opportunity and it took weeks to get a response just to get an offer that would make it hard for me to live anywhere local. I respectfully asked if they would consider matching my salary from my previous employer and she said she would gladly speak to the supervisor and CEO. I never heard from them again. If they couldn't afford it that's find but to not respond to any of my emails or to at least have the curtesy to reject me is unprofessional. It upset me because I really liked the role and its something I really wanted to do.

Interview Questions

Interview

Interview with national director of acct relationships, meeting with Lead directors, Panel interview, conference Call with vice President of cause partnerships, Other interviews as needed, very long process so it could take up to three or four months

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of Boys and Girls Club’s of America, what are three strengths you have that you will bring to the mall what are three opportunities you need to strengthen, how do you collaborate with others   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Interview

There was three steps to the interview process. First one was on the phone with the HR director, second interview was in person with two directors, and finally the third interview as in one of the clubs. I prepared and facilitated a 45 minute program with 15-20 youth.

Homework Room Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

It was fun, low key and comfortable. The interviewer (my boss) was down to earth and real about the position. The interview was at the club. I was offered the position after my interview and he asked that I get drug tested as soon as I could so I can start right away. The next day I went in for my fingerprints.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself helping out at risk youth in your community?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

The application and interview process was very straight forward. I applied online and got a phone call for an interview the next day. As mentioned, the interview questions were straight forward and were based on the job description.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have working with kids?   1 Answer

Youth Development Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Garden Grove, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Easy- but they will make you an offer and if you dont accept right then and there they will fill the position. Got an offer on a Monday and called Tuesday and Wednesday and left messages since they were not in the office. Then called again on Thursday and they said they filled all the positions. AFTER OFFERING ME ON. Very unprofessional organization. Will hire anyone even if they show up to the interview with jeans and a t-shirt...

Interview Questions

• 2 programs designed for the kids   1 Answer

Childcare Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Kingsport, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

The hiring process to be always mediocre and stupid, the questions asked the same thing and did not get to the point at all. I felt very uncomfortable sitting there

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Rotterdam, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume at the Rotterdam clubhouse, Was called within a few days for an interview. I was interviewed by the Unit Director and Area Director. I was asked many questions about my Microsoft experience, customer service, and handling many stressful situations at one time. The interview lasted about 1 hour and when finished was told they were going to call my references and give me a call back for the next step. When I received the call back I was set up to do a background check which took about 1 week to come back and was then offered the job.