Boys & Girls Clubs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 10, 2017

2.4

High School Services Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was invited for a phone interview, then an in person interview. After the in person I was invited to another emailed and then called and was told they went with another candidate.

Manager of Kids Programs Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in August 2017.

Interview

Akward. It wasw on the phone and it wasnt scheduled. I was taken off guard and not in a place where I could openly taslk but I didnt want top come across rudely. So I was distracted and I wasnt able to interview as well as I normally would.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Leadership Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hobe Sound, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Hobe Sound, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process was a quick interview followed by two in person interviews come prepared to answer questions of your leader capability. All in all easy interview just be prepared with all job duties

Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

It was pretty simple. They asked several questions and everyone was friendly. I found the job posting through their website then called to ask about the interviewing and application process.

Interview Questions

• How do you discipline a child?   1 Answer

Lead Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

Was given a test prior to interview. Test consisted of high school level math and english. After that I was interviewed by a 2 person panel which lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Program Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

First there was a short fifteen minute phone interview, followed by an in person interview 1.5 weeks later at the location of the job with the supervisor of the position

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Interviewed with the person who'd be my supervisor. The interview was relaxed and warm; my boss was really genuine and has really high hopes for the program. I was interviewed at the club, so I also had to interact with the children (they do this in purpose to make sure that you can deal with the children and still be able to do your work)

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you demonstrated independence and initiative   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

Very quick almost too speedy. The interview felt rushed and there wasn't really a formal offer made just kind of assumed that I got it. Afterwards I began on boarding right away and was thrown in with absolutely zero training.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (New York, NY).

Interview

I found the interview process unreasonable. After a phone interview, I was given three days to review a poorly written 20 page document on their strategic plan and then write a 10 minute presentation on my recommendations, and review and provide feedback to their newsletter. The interview consisted of the presentation, an hour or so of behavioral interviewing and then a forty minute writing exercise. I think two of the three (presentation, newsletter, and/or writing sample) would have been a bit extreme, but acceptable. On a good note, it did help me understand that culture at BCGA was not what I was looking for.

Academy Services Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Relatively a long process in relation to the low hours and pay for the position. 2 to 3 days after submitting my CV, I got a call from the company asking for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I had to go in for a test--50 multiple choice questions on literacy (basic reading comprehension, spelling, and grammar) , algebra (basic algebra, would be helpful if you recap some of the very basic formulas) and ability to assist (hypothetical situation questions)--You have to get 85% in each part in order for you to be qualified for the job. If you don't pass, you are automatically disqualified for the position. After passing the test, I went to another location to have an in-person interview. The interviewer briefly explained about the services and duties for the position and went through a set of questions. She read each question and wrote down what I said. I wished there was more natural conversation during this process. The process felt really robotic and felt under pressure because you do all the talking.

Interview Questions

• One student keeps disrupting a group tutoring session. What would be your short and long term solutions for this situation.   Answer Question