Boys & Girls Clubs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.4

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (New York, NY).

Interview

I found the interview process unreasonable. After a phone interview, I was given three days to review a poorly written 20 page document on their strategic plan and then write a 10 minute presentation on my recommendations, and review and provide feedback to their newsletter. The interview consisted of the presentation, an hour or so of behavioral interviewing and then a forty minute writing exercise. I think two of the three (presentation, newsletter, and/or writing sample) would have been a bit extreme, but acceptable. On a good note, it did help me understand that culture at BCGA was not what I was looking for.

Youth Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

Very detailed and consice. They make sure that you have a passion for working with youth. They try to be as professional as they can. In my case I got hired the day I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Do you know any techniques to calm down students?   1 Answer

Academy Services Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Relatively a long process in relation to the low hours and pay for the position. 2 to 3 days after submitting my CV, I got a call from the company asking for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I had to go in for a test--50 multiple choice questions on literacy (basic reading comprehension, spelling, and grammar) , algebra (basic algebra, would be helpful if you recap some of the very basic formulas) and ability to assist (hypothetical situation questions)--You have to get 85% in each part in order for you to be qualified for the job. If you don't pass, you are automatically disqualified for the position. After passing the test, I went to another location to have an in-person interview. The interviewer briefly explained about the services and duties for the position and went through a set of questions. She read each question and wrote down what I said. I wished there was more natural conversation during this process. The process felt really robotic and felt under pressure because you do all the talking.

Interview Questions

• One student keeps disrupting a group tutoring session. What would be your short and long term solutions for this situation.   Answer Question

Unit Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Boise, ID).

Interview

Had the interview with the director and programs manager. Both were very friendly and engaged in the questioning. Initially they said it was a casual interview, although the 4 pages of questions seemed otherwise. There were personal questions about experience, situational questions, leadership questions and questions about what you would do in the position. We clicked, and although I did not get the job due to giving it to someone internal, I enjoyed the process and they made it much easier.

Site Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted application online through Indeed, went through a phone interview/screening a week later, set up an in-person interview one week later, interviewed by two women who took turns asking situational questions regarding administration, leadership, and programming. I took a short test on english and math in order to show basic proficiency

Received a job offer one hour later

Interview Questions

• How would you handle having multiple deadlines and a planned event all in one week   Answer Question

Activity Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

Applied through an ad online. Interview process was fairly neutral. I have a feeling that the questions vary from site to site. I met with a panel of 3 people, two of which actually work at the BGC, one of whom was a community volunteer. The questions they asked were fairly standard and they seemed pleased that I had written notes down about the organization. I was brought in for second interview, in which I interacted with the kids.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? What experience do you have that makes you qualified for this job? What do you know about the Boys and Girls Club?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate salary. Because it is a non-profit, salaries are low.

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was incredibly laid back. It was the most comfortable interview I've ever been to. It felt more like a double sided conversation than a formal interview. We were basically just getting to know each other. He had my resume in hand and basically just asked me to elaborate on my college experience, my current job experience. At the end of the interview he said he had one more interview and would be back in touch within the week.

Youth Development Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Napa, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

2 Interviews. 1st interviewed by the director at the main clubhouse, then I was interviewed by a coordinator of one of the school sites. They basically asked the same questions each time. After I was offered the job, I had to do a mandatory background check and TB screening. The process took nearly a month in between

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions (ie why do you want to work here, what experience have you had working with children, what is your availability, what kinds of activities would you design, how have you had to work in a team, what do you consider to be the traits of a role model, etc)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

It was good. I sent in my resume, was called the next morning, interview was the next day. I was interviewed by a three person panel and was hired on the spot.

Club Service Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

very flexible, they were open to allowing me to change the original schedule date and were very communicative and open to new possibilities. I was pleased with the transparency of the group, and how open-ended they were about the details and the ins and outs of the role that I had applied to and was interviewing for.