Boys & Girls Clubs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.4

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Interviewed with the person who'd be my supervisor. The interview was relaxed and warm; my boss was really genuine and has really high hopes for the program. I was interviewed at the club, so I also had to interact with the children (they do this in purpose to make sure that you can deal with the children and still be able to do your work)

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you demonstrated independence and initiative   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

Very quick almost too speedy. The interview felt rushed and there wasn't really a formal offer made just kind of assumed that I got it. Afterwards I began on boarding right away and was thrown in with absolutely zero training.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (New York, NY).

Interview

I found the interview process unreasonable. After a phone interview, I was given three days to review a poorly written 20 page document on their strategic plan and then write a 10 minute presentation on my recommendations, and review and provide feedback to their newsletter. The interview consisted of the presentation, an hour or so of behavioral interviewing and then a forty minute writing exercise. I think two of the three (presentation, newsletter, and/or writing sample) would have been a bit extreme, but acceptable. On a good note, it did help me understand that culture at BCGA was not what I was looking for.

Academy Services Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Relatively a long process in relation to the low hours and pay for the position. 2 to 3 days after submitting my CV, I got a call from the company asking for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I had to go in for a test--50 multiple choice questions on literacy (basic reading comprehension, spelling, and grammar) , algebra (basic algebra, would be helpful if you recap some of the very basic formulas) and ability to assist (hypothetical situation questions)--You have to get 85% in each part in order for you to be qualified for the job. If you don't pass, you are automatically disqualified for the position. After passing the test, I went to another location to have an in-person interview. The interviewer briefly explained about the services and duties for the position and went through a set of questions. She read each question and wrote down what I said. I wished there was more natural conversation during this process. The process felt really robotic and felt under pressure because you do all the talking.

Interview Questions

• One student keeps disrupting a group tutoring session. What would be your short and long term solutions for this situation.   Answer Question

Youth Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

Very detailed and consice. They make sure that you have a passion for working with youth. They try to be as professional as they can. In my case I got hired the day I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Do you know any techniques to calm down students?   1 Answer

Unit Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Boise, ID).

Interview

Had the interview with the director and programs manager. Both were very friendly and engaged in the questioning. Initially they said it was a casual interview, although the 4 pages of questions seemed otherwise. There were personal questions about experience, situational questions, leadership questions and questions about what you would do in the position. We clicked, and although I did not get the job due to giving it to someone internal, I enjoyed the process and they made it much easier.

Youth Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (San Bernardino, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Two interviews, one in a group and another independent. Very easy just described the expectations. Took one test to see your math and English skills. They work with school schedules.

Interview Questions

• What is one game that you'd invent with a basketball that is also educational?   Answer Question

Site Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in November 2016.

Interview

Submitted application online through Indeed, went through a phone interview/screening a week later, set up an in-person interview one week later, interviewed by two women who took turns asking situational questions regarding administration, leadership, and programming. I took a short test on english and math in order to show basic proficiency

Received a job offer one hour later

Interview Questions

• How would you handle having multiple deadlines and a planned event all in one week   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

The use an interview panel of 4 to 5 people and conduce a behavior interview. It lasts for at least 45 minutes to 1 hour. The panel repeated some of the questions by rewording.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to make an unpopular decision   Answer Question

Activity Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

Applied through an ad online. Interview process was fairly neutral. I have a feeling that the questions vary from site to site. I met with a panel of 3 people, two of which actually work at the BGC, one of whom was a community volunteer. The questions they asked were fairly standard and they seemed pleased that I had written notes down about the organization. I was brought in for second interview, in which I interacted with the kids.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? What experience do you have that makes you qualified for this job? What do you know about the Boys and Girls Club?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate salary. Because it is a non-profit, salaries are low.