Boys & Girls Clubs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.4

Youth Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Arlington, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Walked in very friendly hiring manager. She told me about the job and I got hire on the spot. The process was fast and quick and I was asked about activities I can do

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Eau Claire, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview over the phone. The interview was pretty basic with questions like "why do you want this job" "tell me about yourself" etc. The majority of the interview was spent going over how things work there, and a tour of the facility. She then described the job and what it was going to be like to see if I was still interested.

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

Very quick almost too speedy. The interview felt rushed and there wasn't really a formal offer made just kind of assumed that I got it. Afterwards I began on boarding right away and was thrown in with absolutely zero training.

Teen Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kings Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Kings Beach, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was videoed with the current Lead and Club Manager. It was a personal yet professional interview that included an emphasis on expectations as well as inputs that could help improve the current role.

Interview Questions

• What type of program do you feel you would like to introduce with the club that would increase the participation of the enrolled students?   Answer Question

Unit Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Jackson, TN) in May 2013.

Interview

Submitted application online and was called in for interview. Meet with Executive Director ask questions about history of club and experience working with children. Ask about qualifications such as degrees and experience in working for non profit organization

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the organization?
      Do you have previous experience working with children?
      Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
      Answer Question

Camp Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

Long process. Questions were suitable for the job. But the interviewers had poor communication, and interpersonal skills. Very sarcastic and rude in their approach. If you are applying to this job I don't recommend it if you are looking for a good pay or proper training. They we're suppose to provide first aid training to staff and behavioural training and until this day they haven't done so. They are very behind.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (New York, NY).

Interview

I found the interview process unreasonable. After a phone interview, I was given three days to review a poorly written 20 page document on their strategic plan and then write a 10 minute presentation on my recommendations, and review and provide feedback to their newsletter. The interview consisted of the presentation, an hour or so of behavioral interviewing and then a forty minute writing exercise. I think two of the three (presentation, newsletter, and/or writing sample) would have been a bit extreme, but acceptable. On a good note, it did help me understand that culture at BCGA was not what I was looking for.

Youth Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

Very detailed and consice. They make sure that you have a passion for working with youth. They try to be as professional as they can. In my case I got hired the day I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Do you know any techniques to calm down students?   1 Answer

Academy Services Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Relatively a long process in relation to the low hours and pay for the position. 2 to 3 days after submitting my CV, I got a call from the company asking for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I had to go in for a test--50 multiple choice questions on literacy (basic reading comprehension, spelling, and grammar) , algebra (basic algebra, would be helpful if you recap some of the very basic formulas) and ability to assist (hypothetical situation questions)--You have to get 85% in each part in order for you to be qualified for the job. If you don't pass, you are automatically disqualified for the position. After passing the test, I went to another location to have an in-person interview. The interviewer briefly explained about the services and duties for the position and went through a set of questions. She read each question and wrote down what I said. I wished there was more natural conversation during this process. The process felt really robotic and felt under pressure because you do all the talking.

Interview Questions

• One student keeps disrupting a group tutoring session. What would be your short and long term solutions for this situation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in February 2012.

Interview

Good interview experience. Was very professional. Impressed with the level of attention to detail. Really was impressed on a scale of 1 to 10, definitely was a 10 out of 10. Great experience overall. Would definitely recommend others to interview and apply to this employer. In all my job interviews I would rank this my favorite and best of all-time interviews. I felt really proud to be able to work for such a great company that has a great cause.