Boys & Girls Clubs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

2.4

Youth Development Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Napa, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

2 Interviews. 1st interviewed by the director at the main clubhouse, then I was interviewed by a coordinator of one of the school sites. They basically asked the same questions each time. After I was offered the job, I had to do a mandatory background check and TB screening. The process took nearly a month in between

Interview Questions

• Very standard interview questions (ie why do you want to work here, what experience have you had working with children, what is your availability, what kinds of activities would you design, how have you had to work in a team, what do you consider to be the traits of a role model, etc)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

It was good. I sent in my resume, was called the next morning, interview was the next day. I was interviewed by a three person panel and was hired on the spot.

Youth Development Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a relaxed and easy going interview process. They have two different interview sessions and the questions are the same for each but different interviewers. If you are inspired in your answers, it will aid you.

Club Service Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

very flexible, they were open to allowing me to change the original schedule date and were very communicative and open to new possibilities. I was pleased with the transparency of the group, and how open-ended they were about the details and the ins and outs of the role that I had applied to and was interviewing for.

Teacher's Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itta Bena, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Itta Bena, MS) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was short and simple because of my relationship with the director for I was a product of the boys and girls club myself. With that being said, I was hired at the club to help out with the kids.

Interview Questions

• What are you goals for the boys and girls club?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

The interview was easy. The people were curious of my previous work history and asked about my personally. They got to know what I can do and how they may utilize it I. The future.

Interview Questions

• What might you do in a situation where a kid is on top of another member out of anger?   Answer Question

Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

I was brought in for two interviews (they had to reschedule the first, however) to meet with various senior staff, and they offered me the job at the conclusion of the second. The salary was low, and when I asked about benefits, the offer was rescinded. I've never experienced something so shockingly unprofessional in my career and regret giving this organization the consideration that I did. Tread with caution.

Interview Questions

• "What makes you angry?" was, hilariously enough, the first question.   Answer Question

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Eau Claire, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview over the phone. The interview was pretty basic with questions like "why do you want this job" "tell me about yourself" etc. The majority of the interview was spent going over how things work there, and a tour of the facility. She then described the job and what it was going to be like to see if I was still interested.

Director Interview

Interview

Easy interview. I came to the organization with a significant CV and long history of success. I was recommended by city leadership and media attention. Met with Staff for initial interview. Then interviewed by Executive Director

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, the advised they were locked in by national standards….that was until I realized the Executive Director was making almost 6 times my salary….In looking at the 990’s I realized the admin costs only showed his salary.

Basketball Referee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Kirkland, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with the Athletic Director the day after I applied(earlier that day he had emailed me asking if I could come in for the training they were having that evening and an interview). I was trained on the spot, which was maybe an hour process(mostly paperwork).

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with the rules of High School Basketball?   Answer Question