Boys & Girls Clubs Program Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boys & Girls Clubs Program Director Interview Questions

2.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was incredibly laid back. It was the most comfortable interview I've ever been to. It felt more like a double sided conversation than a formal interview. We were basically just getting to know each other. He had my resume in hand and basically just asked me to elaborate on my college experience, my current job experience. At the end of the interview he said he had one more interview and would be back in touch within the week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boys & Girls Clubs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. After 5 weeks contacted via email on Friday at 5pm asked to answer 20 extensive questions and return by Monday at 10am. Completed work and sent in on Sunday. Contacted via email a week later to expect a phone call the next day to schedule a phone interview the next day. Call came in after 5pm, schedule interview. Phone interview was prompt and the HR person was vibrant and upbeat. Only asked on question and then spent 40 mins telling me about the position, company, department etc. Told me I was being recommended for the next round of interviews. It would either be a Skype, phone call or in person (travel would be covered). Highly complimentary about my resume, experience and question submission. Told there was a relocation budget also told that I would be sent the benefits package to review by the end of the week and would also be contact about the schedule for the next round of interviews by the end of the week. I never heard from them by the end of the week. I waited until the following week to send an email requesting an update, no response, one week later I sent in another request for an update and to make sure that I didn't miss anything, no response. That was my last contact. Please note that I did sent a thank yous following each interview. Very disappointed about the way they handle the process. They shouldn't be specific if they aren't going to follow through or they should touch base to let you know if there is a change in the timeline, plan or your candidacy etc.

Interview Questions

• Emailed questions were extensive, challenged and justified. On phone interview one question: Why did you want to work there?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Statesville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Statesville, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

It's a 2 step interview process for full-time employees. You come into your first interview as a round table. There are about 4-5 people who take turns asking different questions. If you get a unanimous vote of yes from the current employees then you are invited in for a second interview as the candidates are narrowed down. The best candidate wins.

Interview Questions

• How would you reward a child who has succeeded academically without discouraging the other children who haven't succeeded yet?   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview

Pretty standard process. Submit a job application and resume to HR. They will call to set up an interview, which involves two people. They ask questions related to the job you're applying for, give scenarios and ask your response, ask about experience and interest in the organization. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Responding to scenario questions would be difficult if you have no experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not do a lot of negotiating, they offer you a position.

Anonymous Employee in Utica, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Utica, NY).

Interview

Very informal interview. I applied for a position as a program director and was given a job offer. I later found out that the position was not open and had to accept a position as a group leader.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs (Troy, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. I met with the Site Director first and she asked me basic interview questions. Then I met with the Executive Director and she asked me questions that the staff and assembled together.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation with a parent.   Answer Question