Boys & Girls Clubs of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boys & Girls Clubs of America Interview Questions

Interviews at Boys & Girls Clubs of America

2.3

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs of America.

Interview

A smooth and friendly interview process. I was able to picture myself working there as the interview panel was composed of young professionals who had a similar educational background to mine.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs of America.

Interview

I applied online, got an email scheduling a phone interview. Then I had an in-person interview where I met with two different small groups of people. They asked about my work history, how I can apply these skills to working at Boys & Girls Club, Everyone was friendly and I was impressed by the facilities.

Interview Questions

• How will you incorporate what the kids have learned into concrete examples of real-life applications?   Answer Question

Site Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake St Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs of America (Lake St Louis, MO) in January 2020.

Interview

The Site Director was knowledgeable and transparent with the type of person they wanted to fill this role. She provided substantial background information and she connected everything back to the mission of the organization.

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs of America (Tucson, AZ) in January 2020.

Interview

Creating and implementing character growth programs in local clubs. Also, understanding the day-to-day basics of the club dynamics. Supporting other staff and making sure each child is safe and engaged.

Youth Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs of America (San Francisco, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online for the position of YDS. Within two days I received an e-mail about their interest in my qualification and experience. The recruiter gave me a phone call a few days later and told me she would present my cover letter and resume to the supervisors and would let me know if I would be invited for an job interview. However, I never got updated about the status of my application. After I e-mailed the recruited, she said they already found someone who was a better fit for the position. They communicate poorly with applicants.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs of America.

Interview

The interview was laid back with many questions about my past experience as it relates to the role and how I would react in certain scenarios on the job. I also conducted an activity for the kids at my second interview which was an observational interview.

Interview Questions

• What are three words others would use to decribe you?   1 Answer

Program Assistant Interview

Interview

Relaxed atmosphere with the direct supervisor who oversaw the program coordinators. She wanted to make sure that you had experience working with children of various backgrounds and ages. She went through what a typical day would look like

Interview Questions

• Education background/work environment   1 Answer

Interview

one on one interview in her office. Asked general questions relating to how I would behave in certain situations. It was very relaxed and not too formal, not as bad as expected

Interview Questions

• If a child was alone and upset, how would you go about helping them?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs of America.

Interview

The interview process flowed like a conversation and the interviewer's personality made the experience very comfortable. I ended up asking the interviewer more questions than she asked me. The Glassdoor interview questions for the organization really helped me to prepare!

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs of America (Norman, OK).

Interview

The hiring process was about 6 weeks. It wasn’t stressful at all. I interviewed with two people. They read the questions from a paper. Some of the questions were repetitive. However, I got a pretty good idea about what the job was about.

When I was offered the position, I didn’t know what the pay would be. It wasn’t part of the job description. My advice is to not accept any position without knowing the pay. I worked a full day before I found out my pay.