Brandon Regional Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Brandon Regional Hospital

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brandon Regional Hospital (Brandon, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Terrible experience.

Put it this way-- HCA manages Recruitment in the most impersonal way possible. All communication will be done by email, e-forms, and HR Customer Service personnel via remote agents at their virtual HQ in Nashville. Have specific questions about the role? Want to reach out for a post-interview update? Good luck. You'll send emails and leave voicemails at an extension that won't be returned.

My interview started late, in a cramped office across the street from the hospital. I then met with 6 more employees in 3 separate interviews. Two of the three started late. All informed me that we'd have to be quick, that our time together was sandwiched between other meetings that were clearly more important. It felt hurried, rushed, as if I was an inconvenience. The style was conversational, but each of the interviews featured standardized questions. I was allowed enough time at the end to ask 1 question (I would have appreciated more time as I had as many questions for them as they did for me). It all is par for the course, it seems (from reading the reviews on GlassDoor). They must be understaffed, overworked, or are just unhappy at, and with their work.

I followed up with a Thank You to both the Recruiter (who I never did speak with over a 2-week period) and the Hiring Manager (which generated no response). A few days later, I received an auto-generated system e-mail letting me know that I was not selected. Nothing more. As with everything leading up to the interview, it felt cold. They clearly view candidates and their employees as nothing more than bodies with an assigned employee ID number.

The only positive things I took away from the experience was a nice conversation with the CEO (who seemed highly experienced/qualified, engaged, and friendly), and the fact that I was reimbursed in a timely fashion for my travel costs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on to improve employee performance or morale.   Answer Question

New Grad RN Residency Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brandon Regional Hospital (Brandon, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

First you I applied on-line and they contacted via email to submit video interview. After you logged in their video interview module, you have 72 hours to finish and submit. You know your interview questions ahead and also be able to record your answers until you are satisfied. 3 days later I got a phone call from a recruiter for follow up. Questions are like Why did you enter nursing?
    What are you interested in working at the hospital that you applied for? what's your long term goals? Strengths and weakness? I think there are about 7 to 10 questions total (I am not sure) but you will be able to review all of the interview questions ahead. I am not sure whether they will offer me a job or not but I really liked their interview process and quick follow up.

Interview Questions

• Why did you enter nursing?
      What are you interested in working at the hospital that you applied for? what's your long term goals? Strengths and weakness?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brandon Regional Hospital.

Interview

it was an average interview. I really do not have any thing else to add. The same normal nursing interview question that you will get from every other hospital. glass door is asking me to say at least a fifty word minimum but I just do not have any thing else to add about the interview process at this hospital. it is a great hospital

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brandon Regional Hospital (Brandon, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

I met with all of the directors and senior management. It was a full day process. They had a meet and greet luncheon. I was given a tour. A thorough background check was processed and drug screening performed. I was offered the position.