Bravo Brio Restaurant Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bravo Brio Restaurant Group

Restaurant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bravo Brio Restaurant Group in January 2017.

Interview

HR representative was 15 minutes late for phone interview, without explanation or apology. Asked canned questions that were out of date 15 years ago. Lost their place during the interview and then proceeded to repeat a few questions. Seemed distracted/disinterested in their job.

Interview Questions

• "Give me an example of a time when you had a difficult customer (sic) and how you were able to turn it around."   1 Answer

Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bravo Brio Restaurant Group.

Interview

Super simple- questions about teamwork, previous pay, and ability to work quickly. A few questions about goals and availability. The interview was fast and relaxed. No hard questions, focus on how you are a quick learned and willing to work well as a team. Communication is important in working in such an environment. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a coworker you knew was stealing?   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bravo Brio Restaurant Group (Columbus, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks after apply, and then had 3 interviews over the course of a week in which I met with leaders in the department and another recruiter.

The interviews went very well and the process was moving along quickly, but then I never heard back despite being told that I would be contacted either way. It was a little frustrating and felt very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why BBRG? Why should we hire you as opposed to someone else?   Answer Question

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bravo Brio Restaurant Group (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a first interview during a lull after a Monday lunch, spoke with a manager about expectations regarding the position as well as my work habits and what I would do in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with bussing and setting a table in under three minutes?   Answer Question

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bravo Brio Restaurant Group (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online via the website portal. I received a call within 2 weeks from one of the managers. I went in for a brief interview the next day. I had a second interview a few days later with General Manager and it was about 30-45 minutes in length.

Interview Questions

• How can your experience benefit you as a server at Bravo?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated schedule conflicts with my other job. Approved and accepted.

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bravo Brio Restaurant Group (Beavercreek, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

One-on-one, in person interview, obtained after an unscheduled walk-in to the restaurant. Was sat down with the general manager of the restaurant and asked a series of standard interview questions. Overall a simple and straightforward interview. Took around 30 minutes total. After completion of the initial interview, a series of food classes and policy training sessions were required. This took around one week to finish and was relatively painless.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bravo Brio Restaurant Group.

Interview

Came in and Filled out an application. The next day I got a call to come in for an interview. I applied as a hostess, but received an offer to be a server. (I had no experience) Training was provided!

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bravo Brio Restaurant Group (Miami, FL).

Interview

I was hired way before Bravo became a publicly traded company and was pretty much handed the job on the spot. Thus I never had to take any personality tests or pass any interviews. Previous restaurant experience however is highly valued (as well as knowing a current employee). If you fail, try starting out at a lesser establishment (maybe say applebees or something similar). Bravo is semi fine dining and thus has a lot more rule, procedures, and other things that can overwhelm first timers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. You accept 2.15 an hour plus tips

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bravo Brio Restaurant Group (Dearborn, MI) in January 2013.

Interview

Less than an hour interview, manager never even really asked me questions related to the job. Mostly about my life out side of work such as school, job, and family. The orientation was long and completely tedious. THe training was a woman reading out of a book for 4 hours a day, 5 days long. Not to mention mandatory shadowing for another five days. Which is all paid at minimum wage. Being a former server all of this training was not needed.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were asked for me. But be prepared to answer "what if" question and "what would you do" question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation whatsoever

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bravo Brio Restaurant Group (Lone Tree, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

Recommendation and Phone interview; I was hired internally and already had a good report with the staff and management team. I interviewed with my own GM as well as the Regional Partner over the phone and in person.

The Regional Partner did not come to interview me in person; only on the phone and asked very standardized interview questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate salary or raises with my Regional Partner