Breakwater Trading Trader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Breakwater Trading Trader Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Breakwater Trading

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Breakwater Trading (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

I received an email early in the week asking to come in. Upon arriving, the receptionist and HR person did not even arrive for another 1 hour. After spending 5 minutes looking at my resume, the Trader I was interviewing with said I had not of the qualifications and knowledge for the position and I had wasted my time getting up early and coming in. Why couldn't he see my resume beforehand!!!

Other Interview Reviews for Breakwater Trading

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Breakwater Trading (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Both technical and behavioral. Initial phone interview/screening followed by two separate in house interviews. Interviewed with current traders and trading managers. The interview wasn't terribly difficult but that depends on your level of understanding of fixed income. I asked a a lot of questions during the interview which allowed me to steer the conversation towards areas I felt I had the best understanding at the time.

Interview Questions

• What drives interest rates and what do interest rates drive in our company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Breakwater Trading (Chicago, IL) in June 2008.

Interview

It was just a quick interview with one of the senior traders. Asked some basic questions about my education and investing experience, then my knowledge of markets and bonds specifically. I didn't have a ton of detailed knowledge but apparently that didn't really matter. Took an hour maybe and then met with someone from HR and that was it.

Trader Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Breakwater Trading in August 2011.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. Met with three senior traders, all were very nice and personable. Very straight forward questions, no "HR" trick questions. Great office, big operation, seemingly a great place for traders