Bridgelux Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgelux (Livermore, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by two Sr. Mechanical Engineers. But before they asked me any question, they wanted to see my performance on SolidWorks. They gave me an circular object with a countersunk in it with other drilled through holes, then told me to create a solid part and a detail drawing for it. It took me about 8 minutes since it was quite a simple part. Then, they asked if I can put a flatness with one thousandth of an inch on a certain surface and I did. The entire test on SolidWorks lasted about 15 minutes. Then, another 20 min of typical interview questions. As the interview ended, I walked to my car and my phone rang, the recruiter called and told me that the job is mine. I was ecstatic! Of course, this happened a few years back.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation was needed in my case. I asked a little more money than the original offer and the employer agreed without hesitation.