Bridgepoint Education Admissions Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bridgepoint Education Admissions Counselor Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2016

2.7

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bridgepoint Education

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in June 2013.

Interview

They were prompt, friendly and thorough. There was an initial conversation followed by two follow up phone calls. The initial interview lasted about 15 minutes while the second interview lasted about 30 and the final interview lasted about the same. I was interviewing from out of town so everything was done over the phone and they were very accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through step by step how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. (To assess providing instructions/directions over the phone)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

There first is a phone interview with the recruiter. Then you are sent a skills test online, mainly to do with outlook. Then there is an in person interview with the recruiter and a manager. Be prepared to role play difficult customer scenarios.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (Denver, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

General interview questions relating to call center task and sales attitude.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not great. I got the impression that I wouldn't get an interview if I didn't prematurely agree to a salary.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in August 2010.

Interview

Easy,I had a 1:1 interview with a manager and then a group interview with two managers. Interview's were the same day. Very relaxed. Received a call back the following day. Started the following Monday.

The hiring process has changed since then. There is more red tape, candidates will be filtered through their talent acquisition team and interviewed by both these reps and a manager or two of the hiring department. Could be up to 2/3 interviews max. Also included background checks- strict on college background specifically. If you say you graduated and never did, HR will catch it and release you immediately. Be honest, if you are a few credits short from graduation, be upfront about it.

Interview Questions

• How would you guide someone academically if they are not interested in education?   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in January 2012.

Interview

Professional atmosphere. Was greeted when I came in the door. Not too hard to find the place. Pleasant interviewer. Friendly office. Interview took about an hour. Asked good questions about my background. Did a roleplay where questions were asked about how I would handle a phone call to someone who didn't want to sign up. Was coached to overcome any rejection and get the prospective student to sign up for college.
    Seems like they care about getting people back to school.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a prospective student that doesn't want to enroll at this time?   1 Answer