Bridgepoint Education Enrollment Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.9

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Interview

Interviewer seem like he was making the interview tougher than it was suppose to. It seemed as if they had a problem with me having another job. The interviewer seem very dull. I felt so disconnected!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bridgepoint Education

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

The guy who interviewed me. I remember he was short, kind of hefty bald headed guy. He did not ask hard questions. I thought he wasn't too smart to be an interviewer.

Interview Questions

• How I dealt with a customer that was not happy. What steps I took.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview was set up very quickly, and took about 40 minutes. The recruiter was friendly and went over the job in detail. After that the in-person interview was set up and it was a standard interview. I don't have many complaints but it seems if you know how to answer the questions you can get a job as an enrollment advisor.

Interview Questions

• What difficulties could you see happening while dealing with people who think you are a telemarketer?   1 Answer

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by Bridgepoint Education through CareerBuilder. I emailed back because I was interested and had an initial phone call that lasted about 10 minutes and was mainly informational. Then I moved on to the 30 minute phone interview which was pretty basic as well as informational. Next was the formal in person interview. They said it would last an hour however it only lasted about 30 minutes. They were pretty basic interview questions and it was easy going.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to do a role play! Pretending to be an advisor while the interviewer pretends to be a student.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by an in-person interview a few days later. The process was pretty easy. Emphasis on previous sales experience and what I thought about higher education. Was offered a job at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview- basically a screening phone call prepping you for the in person interview.

in person interview- standard interview questions asking about different experiences with previous positions

Role play- they do not want you to "sell" Ashford University in the role play. They are looking for people that can be themselves and carry a conversation with a stranger while discovering their need for education/ making a change.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (Denver, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

Quite lengthy. They know things about that you had forgotten. They dig everything and check everything before an offer letter is given to you. If you check out with them then you will every where you apply.

Interview Questions

• laid back casual. Role play etc. Not alot to it. You already been drilled before you get their.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I had one interview and was offered that same day. It all depends whether they have a training class they are trying to fill and for how soon it starts. Basic sales questions, looking for a go-getter attitude and someone who is willing to make the calls and change lives.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a third party who found my resume on Monster, and then I was contacted by Bridgepoint through email to complete an application and make an appointment for an interview, but after reading about the company I was unsure about responding. I answered my phone from a number that I did not recognize, and it was bridgepoint so I decided to go with it. They talked to me on the phone for several minutes about the position and I explained that I am happy to speak to people encouraging them to seek higher education, however there is a fine line between encouragement and being pushy. She scheduled an interview for me the following business day. Upon arriving at the building there is a special elevator that the security guard must help you access that takes you to the recruiting floor. I was about 20 minutes early so I sat in the lounge until my interviewer called me at exactly my appointment time. He was very friendly and seemed laid-back, but was very specific about his questions. He asked about strengths/weaknesses, what you did and did not like about your last job and about why I left my last job. He asked about how you deal with frustrating situations in the workplace. He thanked me for my time and said that I would be receiving an email within 48 hours to let me know if I did or did not receive the position.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your previous job? And what did you dislike?   1 Answer
    • What would your previous boss say are your Strengths and Weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • What do you think about an online school opposed to a traditional school?   1 Answer
    • Do you have personal experience with going to school online?   1 Answer

He explained that on average we make 150-250 phone calls a day. In an 8 hour work day that leaves 2.4 minutes on average for each call. That barely leaves time for someone to use the restroom. Also, the building blocks all cell phone reception, facebook (which is understandable), and all personal email accounts such as yahoo and gmail. I understand that they do not want us screwing around on the job (not like there would even be time for that) but all of my family contacts me through cell or email for emergencies and I don't think that a workplace should have to block such things to have faith in their employees.
    I also did not accept the position because of the on average 200 phone calls a day to prospective students, most people only enroll 4 (yes four) students per week. That just seems like our work is nearly meaningless, not to mention mundane.
    He also explained that many students we contact have requested information for online schools, and that information is given not only to bridgepoint but also to every other online school, meaning the prospective students receive many phone calls a day (and we are expected to call them 2 to 3 times a day each). He said there is no shortage of foul language, anger, and frustration from the prospective students who are receive endless calls... not to mention we have to compete with these students and persuade them to go to Bridgepoint (Ashford university) instead of other schools like U of Phoenix.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, hiring panel, and then my offer letter. They like to make it formal, but keep in mind the person interviewing you more than likely does not work in the department you are applying to. Remember that when giving specifics, they may not know what you are talking about.

Interview Questions

• It is an entry level position, asking questions like "Give me a scenario that you had to solve a problem." or "Give me an example of where you provided outstanding customer service."   1 Answer