Bridgepoint Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bridgepoint Education Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Interview

Technical phone screening then in person interview with 2 different panels. They made the process very excited enjoyable. A lot of technical questions surrounding oop and JavaScript and a couple whiteboarding questions

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Interview

Interviewer seem like he was making the interview tougher than it was suppose to. It seemed as if they had a problem with me having another job. The interviewer seem very dull. I felt so disconnected!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview to be scheduled the following day. The interview was scripted and there was no flexibility with scheduling. They wanted the phone screen to be the next day, and an in-person interview to be the following week. I said I was traveling but could do a skype. They could not accommodate a skype interview. How can an online education company not accommodate a skype interview for a technology related position? Seems fishy to me. From the other reviews on here seems like I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Very basic and scripted as it was not done by the hiring manager. Questions about working with people, using specific technology products, etc.   Answer Question

Enrollment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Annoying multiple interviews for a job that's just a churn and burn sales cycle. First was a phone screen with an internal recruiter. That was followed up by two more phone interviews with the hiring manager and their lead. Final interview was face-to-face w/manager.

Interview Questions

• What are you future goals, what do you know about higher education, are you looking for a job or a career.   Answer Question
    • Previous sales or education experience.   1 Answer

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks later. I had a quick phone interview with her and at the end of the interview she set up a time for me to come in to meet with the hiring manager and her team. The interview was really great. Everyone was very nice and willing to make sure I had all of my questions about the position and the company answered. I met with three different people, each one-on-one. Before the interview, they had me fill out an online reference request, which sends an email survey to your references so they can rate your qualifications. A mix up with my references seems to have cost me to job, but I would definitely say the experience overall was positive.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (Denver, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview was set up very quickly, and took about 40 minutes. The recruiter was friendly and went over the job in detail. After that the in-person interview was set up and it was a standard interview. I don't have many complaints but it seems if you know how to answer the questions you can get a job as an enrollment advisor.

Interview Questions

• What difficulties could you see happening while dealing with people who think you are a telemarketer?   1 Answer

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter then home assessment and in-person interview with manager and senior tech leads. Home assessment basically opened door to in-person interview. People were very friendly and they encouraged me all the time. they tested my skills on practical examples/ exercises then we discussed my work background, previous experience and my future role and responsibilities in team.

Strategic Partner Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received a call the next day wanting to schedule a phone interview. Completed first and second phone interview within two days. I had done research on the company and realized that the reviews on working there weren't the best and also that the stock price had dropped pretty significantly. I asked the recruiter about this and she said that the company was restructuring. While i understand that, it seemed a little fishy. The position turned out to be a lot more cold-call sales than I was interested in and I'm pretty sure that's the reason they didn't want to move forward with me.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard process for applying for the job. Found the listing for the job online and sent them a resume. Next step was a phone interview. After that I went in for an interview in person. The interview was with three people and was pretty standard except for the questions from one of the interviewers. Upon reflecting on it afterwords, I think he was trying to gauge my problem solving abilities. The first odd question was how I could get my resume on one page without changing the font size. Well I have always thought that the best resume was one page, but I can't seem to make mine fit anymore. After talking about adding columns etc, his idea was to use the back of the page. To me that is not solving the problem, but just saving a piece of paper. It is still technically two pages, but just one sheet of paper. Anyway the next one was even better. He said, "Simple question, how many pay phones are in New York?". No mention at all about how would you find out this information or anything, just how many. Keep in mind this position was for a $10/hr intern. I was so taken aback I simply said I don't know. I think he was looking for me to tell him how I would go about finding out this information, but to me that is a really stupid way to test problem solving. Needless to say I didn't get the job.......thank goodness.

Interview Questions

• How many pay phones are there in New York City?   1 Answer

A/R Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I applied for an A/R Coordinator position at Bridgepoint through their website. I received a call from a recruiter' in HR wanting to schedule a phone interview for the following day at 11:30am. She never showed for the phone interview! 4 hours later I receive a call from the staffing manager who knew I was in contact w/ her colleage and that she wanted to schedule a formal phone interview w/ me. The interview (for the 2nd time) is scheduled for 9:30 the next morning. The next morning, 9:30 rolls by, no call. So Annoying! 20 minutes later she calls apologizing and asking if we can still have the interview that day. I ask if we can do it now, she says she can't but could in 30min. Finally, we do the phone interview, again she was 10min late.

The phone interview went great and she invited me for an in person interview with the Hiring Manager. She said she would email me more information on where exactly to go, where to park, who i'll be meeting with, etc... THEN I NEVER GET THE EMAIL!

I call the next day, leave her a voicemail w/ my email & phone letting her know I never received the email. Never heard from her again... They scheduled my in person interview and then left me hanging. LAME!

How unprofessional can you be? Even if you found someone else, you could at least call me to cancel. Even if i did end up getting a job offer, I definitely would think twice before accepting. Flakes.

And to think, I was thinking of going to Ashford University to get an MBA.

DEFINITELY AN UNPROFESSIONAL HR DEPARTMENT.

Interview Questions

• In your previous employment, was there ever a time you'd say you went above and beyone what was expected?   Answer Question